Safe Shopping Everyone

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

GeorgiaCoyote
Safe Shopping Everyone

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 pm

You know...it's real bad when I feel the need to wish everyone good health and safety when it comes to holiday shopping. After the crap that happened in that Long Island Wal-Mart, I'm seriously considering doing most of my shopping online. I'm usually I real forgiving person, as my faith states I should be but after hearing about this story, part of me feels that all the folks involved in trampling that security guard to death should be all locked in a zoo with all the other wild animals. Still, even if most escape prosecution, their guilty conscience will punish them, assuming some of them even have one. I would think though that if I were involved in that, I would be constantly haunted in my dreams with the fact that I helped take a life. Well...anyway...be safe ya'll this holiday season and try not to bust down shop doors and trample folks to death.
Nathan

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Yeah, that was a real shame. Working in retail myself, I know how much of a madhouse it becomes. A lot of people are quite selfish, which really goes to show what this holiday has started to become: all about greed. This is why I do my Christmas shopping in the summer.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:13 pm

The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo. - Desmond Morris

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 pm

The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo. - Desmond Morris
Good point. Of course one could also take the view of the enitre world as a human zoo. I've given it some thought though and you know what? I think it's offensive to zoo animals everywhere to be compared to those crazed shoppers.
Nathan

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

You know, I wasn't really that bothered by this when I first heard about it. The other day while I was in the car with Alyssa, though, the full senselessness of what happened hit me, and I was filled with rage.

People are pantsless stupid.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Speaking as part of the 800 million worldwide who can't afford to buy ANY christmas presents, I hope everyone involved drowned in their own pocket change.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:11 am

Speaking as part of the 800 million worldwide who can't afford to buy ANY christmas presents, I hope everyone involved drowned in their own pocket change.
Speaking as part of everyone else, I agree.

Return to “World Events”