Firebomb attack on London book publisher

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Christians do things in an arguably worse way. They petition. Sometimes they do so on a street corner carrying signs with lines from the bible. Simply terrible.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 am

Christians do things in an arguably worse way. They petition. Sometimes they do so on a street corner carrying signs with lines from the bible. Simply terrible.
The fiends!

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Meh, for all the "Right To Free Speech" mullarky that the USA pumps oot there is ALWAYS some form of censorship.

I mean, trying to buy a book that badmouths Islam now is like trying to buy a book about Communism during McCarthyism, or buying Mein Kampf after WW2.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:45 pm

People did. Buy Mein Kampf. After WWII. They just got their names put on a watch list. In the FBI with that fabulous Director Hoover.

Just like if you buy 1984, y'know the book about how the government watches everything you do and resistance is futile, you get your name put on a watchlist in this day and age. Methinks the gubbernment doth protest too much.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Quakers are on watch-lists because they oppose the war in Iraq, and they do a lot of stuff with Palestinians and stuff
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:37 am

Meh, for all the "Right To Free Speech" mullarky that the USA pumps oot there is ALWAYS some form of censorship.

I mean, trying to buy a book that badmouths Islam now is like trying to buy a book about Communism during McCarthyism, or buying Mein Kampf after WW2.
Generally speaking I doubt that's the case. Here, at least. Islam-bashing is pretty much "in" right now. So this whole thing is a wee bit shocking to me.
Ironically, that has probably kept more books off more U.S. shelves in this past century alone than Muslim extremists can ever dream of. That the Islamists have to resort to this level of violence to get people to take notice is, if anything, telling.

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 am

Better yet, get Life.
The game or the cereal?
Neither. The Man.
8)
Richard Doyle?
Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

Return to “World Events”