ONE FLAG

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:29 am

The only true shame is that the idiot didn't suffer as much as he could have.
It is theorized that, in certain situations, a severed head maintains consciousness until it dies. So, it is aware of everything that is going on. Imagine literally knowing that your head has been severed and that you'll die any second and there's nothing you can do about it... THAT is one hell of a punishment!
Maybe if it was sliced off, but I imagine this would be closer to being hit in the face with a sledge hammer hard enough for it to decapitate you. Instant death.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:55 am

The only true shame is that the idiot didn't suffer as much as he could have.
It is theorized that, in certain situations, a severed head maintains consciousness until it dies. So, it is aware of everything that is going on. Imagine literally knowing that your head has been severed and that you'll die any second and there's nothing you can do about it... THAT is one hell of a punishment!
Maybe if it was sliced off, but I imagine this would be closer to being hit in the face with a sledge hammer hard enough for it to decapitate you. Instant death.
True. Which is a shame.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:22 pm

As a side point, imagine if he'd succeeded in grabbing someone's leg. Likely have torn it clean off.

No sympathy at all in this case. The little git was out to seriously hurt people and karma struck with great vengeance.
For the record guys, it looks like the whole trying to grab someone's legs was not true. The friend that was with him fessed up and said they were merely taking a shortcut to try to be first in line for the damn ride. Well...they sure got up close and personal with it. I would hope his friend learn's something from this. He'd better have considering Six Flags was kind enough not to charge him for his tresspass feeling that he'd suffered enough. Admittingly, I think watching my friend get his head torn clean off and most likely having nightmares the rest of my life from that would definitely be hard. Signs and fences are there for a reason dude. At least you get a second chance to heed that unlike your pal.
Nathan

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:24 pm

Hrmph. Now I feel like he deserved it slightly less.

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:32 pm

I don't believe the friend.
Thither

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:05 am

whether or not he tried to grab a person's leg, it's still hilarious in my mind, and he did end up deserving it in the end (albeit, not too strongly).

Karma is quite the bitch sometimes.

He does indeed deserve a Darwin Award.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:17 pm

I don't believe the friend.
Well...whether or not he's being truthful really is a moot point right now. You know I recall a story where a mechanic got struck in the head by a person's leg who was on a suspended coaster like the Batman ride. The person's leg was pretty messed up. That's why I have to think he wasn't grabbing at someone's legs. It seems if it was a leg that hit him, the person that leg belonged to would have sustained injury. However no one on the ride was hurt at all. Makes me think he got struck by some part of the ride and not a leg.
Nathan

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:20 pm

I hope this happened near the cameras so I can see it on ogrish.com, or prehaps liveleak or rotten.

God, I'm such a horrible person. :laugh:

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:41 pm

I hope this happened near the cameras so I can see it on ogrish.com, or prehaps liveleak or rotten.

God, I'm such a horrible person. :laugh:
You are and yet we knowingly and barely tolerate you anyway. Thats what shallow internet acquaintences are for.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:42 pm

You are and yet we knowingly and barely tolerate you anyway. Thats what shallow internet acquaintences are for.
I'll drink to that.
Nathan

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:09 pm

Hello brosef [term of endearment] let us begin conversation of lightly masque`d innuendo, obscureish references, and witty repartee!

Because then, we can begin to reticulate the splines in preparation of the Zomg Evil Army

I feel that we can become much more deeply entwined than shallow internet acquaintances

I've been trying to ask for a long time...

but

fff I'll just say it

will you

become platonic life partners with me?

we can go to the beach and watch the gulls over local tea/coffee/icecream/Mexican food then go to the zoo a block away and see the giraffes then go to Alcatraz and try to swim back to mainland before it's too dark to see either of us drown in the riptide :3

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:46 am

You are and yet we knowingly and barely tolerate you anyway.
Who says I tolerate him?

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:09 am

Hello brosef [term of endearment] let us begin conversation of lightly masque`d innuendo, obscureish references, and witty repartee!

Because then, we can begin to reticulate the splines in preparation of the Zomg Evil Army

I feel that we can become much more deeply entwined than shallow internet acquaintances

I've been trying to ask for a long time...

but

fff I'll just say it

will you

become platonic life partners with me?

we can go to the beach and watch the gulls over local tea/coffee/icecream/Mexican food then go to the zoo a block away and see the giraffes then go to Alcatraz and try to swim back to mainland before it's too dark to see either of us drown in the riptide :3
I'm not ready to settle down yet. I'm young, reckless, handsome, modest, slithy, and a multi-billionaire with a PhD in Deep sea fishing.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:17 pm

You are and yet we knowingly and barely tolerate you anyway.
Who says I tolerate him?
Who says you should?

Rikirk

Postby Rikirk » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 am

....and the dumbing down of America continues.

Y'Know there are reasons places are marked Off Limits, and Danger Keep Out.

Someone get the Chlorine and dump it into the gene pool already....The big industrial sized vat if you please.

Un-F%$kin-believable... :roll:
"Yes, yes I'll admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I've already figured out you're stupid." Dr. Rodney McKay Stargate: Atlantis

"Did you say mattress?,...I did ask you not to. Now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."

Return to “World Events”