It's finally over!!!

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

GeorgiaCoyote
It's finally over!!!

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:21 pm

I don't know bout anyone else but boy am I glad to see the primaries come to an end. Congrats are in order Barack I suppose. You're the talk of the nation this morning. Watching CNN this morning and I couldn't help but joke saying I hope there isn't any major news event happening this morning because all folks will hear on CNN is Obama mania. Well at any rate I'm glad it's done with. Now prepare for the unending back-and-forth up to November.
Nathan

Æron

Postby Æron » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:53 pm

Obamanation!

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:27 pm

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:14 pm

Round 2!

Obama vs. That Orange Juice Guy, Fight!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:27 pm

L
A
T
E
R
S

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:44 pm

(forgive me for posting this)

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 pm

I foresee an Obama-led nation. Go Obama!

(not quite liberal enough for me but he's the best candidate who ever had a chance of winning this election)
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm

I, of course, am a huge Obama fan. I voted for him and the primaries AND I caucused for him at both the precinct level and the district level, and I actually came relatively close to going to the state convention. But eh.

Point is, I was and am very happy on his success. It was really and upset, and an upset that makes me very happy.

But Hillary STILL won't concede. But that's just a power play to win the VP slot. Even so, the woman's driving me nuuttsss.

Although I think this news is justifiable enough to be put in the Anything section, I suppose it'll still have to be moved to World Events, since I might have just sparked a debate.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Man, too many elections. You should just bung everyone who wants to be president into a room and have them fight it out. Last one standing gets four years.

Seriously, I decided that This Year I'd Learn How American Democracy Works. It is, as far as I can make out, gerrymandering on a national level.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm

American democracy makes very little sense to me. It's awfully complicated. But whatever, so long as the guy I want to win wins then I'm all for the crazy system. Go Obama!
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:10 pm

In honour of this momentous occasion I resolved to watch the coverage of the event on an American news channel. I braced myself for the flashing graphics and mindless ballyhoo of CNN, and I did fairly well I thought. In the end however I had to be taken to hospital due to a sudden fall in blood pressure.

Obama was there and he gave me some blood. It was in a jar marked "Dick's heart, George's brain & Kerry's courage".

Then he did this awesome backflip, beat Federer on Wii tennis and rode out of the building in a Harley to the tune of You Really Got Me.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Hraefn, your mind is out of control lately!

Rabid, you totally swiped that from a guy on MTV.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

klimt

Postby klimt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Man, too many elections. You should just bung everyone who wants to be president into a room and shoot them.
fixed. anyone who actually wants to be president is clearly to power mad for the role.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Man, too many elections. You should just bung everyone who wants to be president into a room and shoot them.
fixed. anyone who actually wants to be president is clearly to power mad for the role.
Your new avatar is gayer than ever.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 am

Your new avatar is gayer than ever.
While your avatar is a blond guy with a mustache (I think) wearing fancy, flamboyant robes of purple and magenta.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Return to “World Events”