It's finally over!!!

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 am

Yes, it's over.. stage one is anyway. And now, stage two! Five months of Obama and McCain shouting at one another until we're sick of them both! Woo! :P

Nice pic Fritz. :lol:
Made by Angela. :D

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 am

fixed. anyone who actually wants to be president is clearly to power mad for the role.
That, unfortunately, is probably true. It doesn't help that the Office of the President keeps getting more and more power to tempt the Machiavellian headcases for.

zia

Postby zia » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 am

Seriously, I decided that This Year I'd Learn How American Democracy Works.
The problem with trying to figure out how it works is that it doesn't. :roll:
Yes, I am a cynic

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:51 am

Man, too many elections. You should just bung everyone who wants to be president into a room and shoot them.
fixed. anyone who actually wants to be president is clearly to power mad for the role.
Your new avatar is gayer than ever.
While your avatar is a blond guy with a mustache (I think) wearing fancy, flamboyant robes of purple and magenta.
First of all...he's gray haired.

Secondly, I love you sister.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Acid!

Postby Acid! » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:01 am

Man, too many elections. You should just bung everyone who wants to be president into a room and have them fight it out. Last one standing gets four years.

Seriously, I decided that This Year I'd Learn How American Democracy Works. It is, as far as I can make out, gerrymandering on a national level.

The parties decide who they want to be the candidate. The Democrats and Republicans do it by having elections in states where the state decides who their state supports. Third parties probably do something too but nobody cares about them. Then they do it again with the presidential candidates.

Its not really Gerrymandering as much as making sure more popular states don't dominate the election. Gerrymandering requires the divisions to be made to benefit those in power. The states are not divided this way.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:22 pm

How Obama will handle the dissenters...
Furthermore, during a Senate vote Wednesday, Obama dragged Lieberman by the hand to a far corner of the Senate chamber and engaged in what appeared to reporters in the gallery as an intense, three-minute conversation.

While it was unclear what the two were discussing, the body language suggested that Obama was trying to convince Lieberman of something and his stance appeared slightly intimidating.

Using forceful, but not angry, hand gestures, Obama literally backed up Lieberman against the wall, leaned in very close at times, and appeared to be trying to dominate the conversation, as the two talked over each other in a few instances.

Still, Obama and Lieberman seemed to be trying to keep the back-and-forth congenial as they both patted each other on the back during and after the exchange.

Afterwards, Obama smiled and pointed up at reporters peering over the edge of the press gallery for a better glimpse of their interaction.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Obama just hates jews, that's all.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 pm

Yes, it's over.. stage one is anyway. And now, stage two! Five months of Obama and McCain shouting at one another until we're sick of them both! Woo! :P
Don't worry, Obama will make John McCain have a heart attack with his intimidating stance.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Æron

Postby Æron » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:25 pm

How Obama will handle the dissenters...
Furthermore, during a Senate vote Wednesday, Obama dragged Lieberman by the hand to a far corner of the Senate chamber and engaged in what appeared to reporters in the gallery as an intense, three-minute conversation.

While it was unclear what the two were discussing, the body language suggested that Obama was trying to convince Lieberman of something and his stance appeared slightly intimidating.

Using forceful, but not angry, hand gestures, Obama literally backed up Lieberman against the wall, leaned in very close at times, and appeared to be trying to dominate the conversation, as the two talked over each other in a few instances.

Still, Obama and Lieberman seemed to be trying to keep the back-and-forth congenial as they both patted each other on the back during and after the exchange.

Afterwards, Obama smiled and pointed up at reporters peering over the edge of the press gallery for a better glimpse of their interaction.
Yes. By having forceful but respectful discussions with them. Oh noes! :P

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:00 pm

He might seem like a breath of fresh air or whatever, but he's still a politician and should therefore still use the bulk slogan of "Vote for me, I'm a slightly differnent type of pikachu."

Poop-poop!

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:52 pm

"Vote for me, I'm a slightly differnent type of pikachu."
Obama is the better pikachu. He is a pikachu of change. Of the future. A pikachu of sunny skies, green hills and brighter tomorrows. He is truly the people's pikachu.

This post contains too much of the word 'pikachu' for my liking. I feel my airy prudence evaporating.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:20 pm

He is truly the people's pikachu.
Lest we forget, country matters.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Obama is the better pikachu. He is a pikachu of change. Of the future. A pikachu of sunny skies, green hills and brighter tomorrows. He is truly the people's pikachu.

This post contains too much of the word 'pikachu' for my liking. I feel my airy prudence evaporating.
If not for my vague air of family friendishness, that would be sigg'd faster than you can say supercalifragiosl;akhgwjkheraknvipeydocious.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Lest we forget, country matters.
HAMLET: Lady, shall I lie in your lap?

OPHELIA: No, my lord.

HAMLET: I mean, my head upon your lap?

OPHELIA: Ay, my lord.

HAMLET: Do you think I meant country matters?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:06 am

Anyone who quotes Hamlet is not a pikachu, but a twat.

Return to “World Events”