Interesting fact on Bond creator.

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Sat May 31, 2008 12:45 am

Interestingly, Moore was the producers' FIRST choice to play Bond. He was unable to as he was committed to doing a TV show, "The Saint." So, they had to settle, as it were, for Connery. If it weren't for "The Saint," everyone would be saying about the other actors "he's good, but Roger Moore is still the best." :D
Made by Angela. :D

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sat May 31, 2008 4:20 am

All these Bond titles they mean nothing to me! D:
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat May 31, 2008 12:25 pm

Interesting and Bond are complete antonyms.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Ian Fleming, like some other British authors (Eric Ambler, William Somerset Maugham) worked for MI6 during and after the war.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm

("A View To A Kill" and "Moonraker" are my favorites)
Wait, what?
How the hell did I miss that... yes, "Wait, what?" indeed!!! Like, seriously, what the hell?
Different strokes for different folks and all that. "Octopussy" isn't all that highly thought of either but I've always liked it.
What can I say? I prefer Moore over Connery (though Connery is good, but Brosnan was the best Bond, IMO)
I've always found Moore to be kinda boring. I've seen "The Saint" a few times and it just didn't do it for me. As that kind of show goes I've always liked "The Avengers" (it had Honor Blackman in it for a season, she also played Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, and interestingly enough Hera in "Jason and the Argonauts," I love you wikipedia ^_^). Another interesting fact about Fleming is that I read somewhere he is the creator of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" (does he have to make everything sound like an innuendo?). All in all I prefer Connery he just strikes me as the better actor (although not just because he was the first. Although Zaaphod had a point.
**As an absentminded gesture Caoimhin sends the bubble from "The Prisoner" after TyVulpine, no relation to the earlier comment... seriously :twisted: **

Return to “World Events”