"Stimuli Checks"

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:48 pm

for me it would be $300. for individuals, not couples, it's $300. a couple is $600, or something like that.
Last I heard, the upper limit was $1,200.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:20 am

for me it would be $300. for individuals, not couples, it's $300. a couple is $600, or something like that.
Last I heard, the upper limit was $1,200.
it's all dependent on income, of course.

the richest people won't even be getting one XD
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:44 pm

the richest people won't even be getting one XD
As it should be. You think the wealthest 10% of America are suffering from this recession...Heck no!!! They're all like...Recession....What Recession? :x :roll:
Nathan

ntoonz

Postby ntoonz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Actually, it's 'stimulus checks'. I don't think they're meant to cause more than one.

We thought we were going to have to spend ours on our state taxes, but we caught an error in our favor. Now we can use it to get out of our credit card debt. Whoohoo!
Join the adventure at http://rangers.comicgenesis.com
Licensed online comic macquettes! Get 'em at www.ntoonz.com

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:47 pm

Try "Stimulus Cheques". You Americans and your (I'm surprised you don't spell it 'yor', which would at least be consistent) weird spelling. Image
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:51 pm

At least we spell it "color" and not "colour"...:P (no extra unnecessary letters!)

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:55 pm

At least we spell it "color" and not "colour"...:P (no extra unnecessary letters!)
And you missed my parentheses, I see. Image

(If the 'u' is unnecessary in 'colour', 'savour', 'flavour', 'favour', and other words with an 'our' pronounced 'er', then why is this not the case for 'your'?)
<center>Image

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:13 pm

(If the 'u' is unnecessary in 'colour', 'savour', 'flavour', 'favour', and other words with an 'our' pronounced 'er', then why is this not the case for 'your'?)
Because it's the possessive of "you" (which sounds like the letter "u".), so to try to keep it as simple as possible, the u was kept (and to separate ourselves from a certain country that was despised at the time in this country, our forefathers dropped the "u" from many words.)

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:10 am

More importantly WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:15 am

Because it's the possessive of "you" (which sounds like the letter "u".), so to try to keep it as simple as possible, the u was kept (and to separate ourselves from a certain country that was despised at the time in this country, our forefathers dropped the "u" from many words.)
Also, all the other "-our" words are trochees. They don't put stress on the "-our" syllable, and the vowel sound is a schwa.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:42 am

Spelling differences. Serious business.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

ntoonz

Postby ntoonz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:54 am

Try "Stimulus Cheques". You Americans and your (I'm surprised you don't spell it 'yor', which would at least be consistent) weird spelling. Image
Could be stimulus Czechs, but I don't they're gummint issue.
Join the adventure at http://rangers.comicgenesis.com
Licensed online comic macquettes! Get 'em at www.ntoonz.com

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:08 am

Also, all the other "-our" words are trochees. They don't put stress on the "-our" syllable, and the vowel sound is a schwa.
Eh, the vowel sound was always the same for me.
<center>Image

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:13 am

You're all dipthongs!

LOL, jk.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Thu May 01, 2008 10:23 am

Neither British nor American spelling is better really, because they're both crap. Colour does not have an o or u in it, neither does color. Food does not have an o in it, need does not have an e in it, house does not have an o or e in it.
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Return to “World Events”