The Red Sox won the World Series!!!!!!!!!

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Did you root for the Red Sox?

Yes!
19%
No!
13%
I didn't watch this World Series.
26%
I like apples.
42%

Total votes: 31

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:01 pm

As long as SOMEONE keeps those damned Yankees from winning another World Series for a while, that's perfectly fine with me. :P
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:11 pm

LET THIS THREAD DIE!

Now excuse me while I give the Blue jays CPR.

:crycry:
I was going to suggest the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, but I think they're beyond help....
I think it was probably related to the fact the Jays are now the only Canadian team (what with the Expos moving to DC). Especially since I don't see any other reason for osprey to support a team from Toronto.
What about the Maple Leafs? Or the Raptors?

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:50 pm

LET THIS THREAD DIE!

I was going to suggest the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, but I think they're beyond help....
I think it was probably related to the fact the Jays are now the only Canadian team (what with the Expos moving to DC). Especially since I don't see any other reason for osprey to support a team from Toronto.
What about the Maple Leafs? Or the Raptors?
Those aren't major league baseball teams. Image And in the case of the Leafs, Osprey won't cheer for them because he's a Canucks fan.

(Other Toronto teams include: the Argonauts (football), Toronto FC (futbol), the Rock (lacrosse), the Marlies (minor league hockey), and those other Leafs, who play minor league baseball.)
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:29 pm

Yeah, I know the Maple Leafs and Raptors aren't MLB, but they are teams based in Toronto...

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:03 am

Both valid points. My apologies for bumping a dead topic. You have to understand that I'm into sports so I couldn't resist putting my two cents in. Sorry bout that. Want happen again.
No worries. Two months isn't so bad, it's when people drag up 2-year-old topics is what's annoying.
Made by Angela. :D

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:27 am

I would have loved to see a World Series match-up of the underdogs, namely Cleveland and Colorado.
What about the Cubs? Image
They didn't make it to the NL/AL championships; Cleveland and Colorado did. That's what he meant thar.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:43 am

LET THIS THREAD DIE!

I actually support the Seattle Mariners most since the Expos left, however the Jays are 2nd on my list and they happen to share a division with those damn Yanks. Now for some West Coast spirit:

LEAFS SUCK, ARGOS SUCK, RAPTORS SUCK. EVEN THE MARLIES SUCK! AND IF THE VAGUE FUTURE POSSIBILITIES THE NFL ARE LOOKING AT OF PUTTING AN NFL TEAM IN TORONTO PAN OUT THAT TEAM WILL SUCK TOO!!!
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHGOCANUCKSGOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
:P
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:38 pm

LET THIS THREAD DIE!

I actually support the Seattle Mariners most since the Expos left, however the Jays are 2nd on my list and they happen to share a division with those damn Yanks. Now for some West Coast spirit:

LEAFS SUCK, ARGOS SUCK, RAPTORS SUCK. EVEN THE MARLIES SUCK! AND IF THE VAGUE FUTURE POSSIBILITIES THE NFL ARE LOOKING AT OF PUTTING AN NFL TEAM IN TORONTO PAN OUT THAT TEAM WILL SUCK TOO!!!
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHGOCANUCKSGOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
:P
...and order has been restored.
<center>Image

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:56 pm

Boy it's nice to see a good bit of people here who can carry on a sports-related conversation. Never did find that in the last couple of forums I've joined. Very nice. I do hope the Cubs actually get to a World Series and win sometime soon. They went on such a tear after the whole Zambrano vs. Barrett mess. Ah well...maybe soon.
Nathan

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:50 am

Lol, I often refer to myself as a jock minus the jerk attitude. I actually hope the Cubs win soon too, it's high freakin' time. In fact, it must really suck to be a Chicago-area sports fan (unless you support the ChiSox).
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Boy it's nice to see a good bit of people here who can carry on a sports-related conversation.
The irony? I haven't watched baseball in almost 15 years...

*prefers watching Canadian football*
<center>Image

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:05 pm

Boy it's nice to see a good bit of people here who can carry on a sports-related conversation.

American football with 10 extra yards in the middle...

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:16 am

American football with 10 extra yards in the middle...
And one less down Image
<center>Image

Return to “World Events”