Isreal declared war on Lebanon

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Tum0spoo
Isreal declared war on Lebanon

Postby Tum0spoo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:53 am

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/ ... index.html

This was three days ago and nobody here posted it.
I didn't read all of it yet, but then it's 3am...so... yeah. Discuss, I'm going ot bed.
ImageImage

DesertFoxCat

Postby DesertFoxCat » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:03 am

You wanted an open war. You will get an open war.
Israel is in a pretty dificult situation, being surrounded by enemies and all. I'm going to have to wait for this to go on longer before I can say much more, but I hope that everyone comes out all right on both sides.

(Al-Jazeera's going to be a good news source for this, in case anyone's interested)

Liberal Cynic
Location:It doesn't matter where you are, if you don't care where you're going

Postby Liberal Cynic » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:32 am

What still boggles me is that isn't Isreal the Holy Country? You'd think the counrty proclaimed holy in the bible would be a little more, Peaceful
Bite me~ Ozymandias Justin Llewellyn
I put the fun back in funeral.

gen200

Postby gen200 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:39 am

What still boggles me is that isn't Isreal the Holy Country? You'd think the counrty proclaimed holy in the bible would be a little more, Peaceful
religion is anything BUT that.

I agree with desertfox,

and on another note: WTF is up with THIS?!
Procrastinators unite! (tomorrow...)

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm sure the Israelis would love that. Unfortuatly, until 1948 Israel didn't exist. We moved them in after the war, and moved the indiginous peoples out. So understandably, the indiginous Palestinians still saw Israel as Palestine, as it always had been since they kicked out the christians in the Crusades.

So all the arabic counties got together in the 60s to "kick the crapola" out of Israel. Unfortunatly they did it with crappy Soviet equipment that fell down go boom in most situations, and the Israelis kept parts of those countries after they kicked 3 country's armies out of their land in just 6 days.

Most of the crap comes from those areas that Isreal occupied after the 1968 war.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:43 am

And this is where you'd expect the US to come in and protect Lebanon like they do with other countries whose 'freedom is at stake'. But the best they do is 'urge them to release the prisoners'. Pfft...
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Ranma-chan

Postby Ranma-chan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:34 pm

america would more or less go with isreal right? i mean it would make sense. but anyway isreal has the best military in the middle east and a very good air force too. i bet if it was just isreal against whatever 3rd world middle east nation that decided to boast, isreal would win

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ ... 8F0443.htm

looks like its upsetting some of the americans.
http://foxton.babby-snowfox.ca/forums/ my forum
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
ARMADILLO! ARMADILLO! THE CHEESE FROM ZIMBABWE HAS LUGUBRIOUSLY FLATTENED MY POPCORN!
Image the best place for mp3's, mangas, and more
http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Ranma-chan
http://kevan.org/johari?name=Ranma-chan

Sakie

Postby Sakie » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Okay, lets get one thing strait Isreal did not declare war on Lebanon. There fighting Hezbollah an Islamic fundamnetalist group. The main reason because they heled two soliders captive and shot Israel citys with missles, And Israel counter attacked by shooting there own missles at Lebanon citys beacuse the Hezbollah is so cowardly the hide in civilian homes and store there weapons in them, People say Israel should stop because Hezbollah only held captive 2 soliders and only shot a few missles, but also they have killed over 800 people since there founding in 82 and also had a number of terrorist attacksI think about 700.

Liberal Cynic said "What still boggles me is that isn't Isreal the Holy Country? You'd think the counrty proclaimed holy in the bible would be a little more, Peaceful" um let's see your a new country your in an area where EVERY one around you hates you what are you suppost to do? just sit there and do nothig when attacks are held agansed you? here is a good sentence thats 100% true I heard "If All the Arab countrys got and threw all there weapons and missles in the ocean and were completely defenceless Israel would keep the peace, But.. if Israel threw all thir weapons and missles into the ocean all the Arab countrys would come in and kill them all." So they have to defend themselfs,Rooster when the Jews first got Israel in 1948, a war immidently followed a few months after the UN put the jews into Israel and all the arab countrys attacked them, I guess Israel defeated them because they had there "jewish rage" after the Holocaust and did not want to take anymore shit from anyone anymore. Then they had the 60's war and the same thing happend and they won again. So just wanted to make the clear.

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:58 pm

Six Days.

Atany rate, while I can see their reasoning in the justification of military strikes to stop the guerrilla kidnappers, threatening to attack all of Lebanon if the government doesn't stop the guerillas unnecessarily escalates the situation between the two nations and isn't really reasonable of Isreal to ask(demand) of the Lebanese government, considering how easy it's been shown to be for a government to stop guerrilla fighters (see; Africa, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Americas, etc.). To say nothing of the Geneva conventions against the harming/targetting of civilians in warfare.[/url]
Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:14 am

You'd think the counrty proclaimed holy in the bible would be a little more, Peaceful
Actually I think its quite the opposite, the Old Testament is very violent.

Liberal Cynic
Location:It doesn't matter where you are, if you don't care where you're going

Postby Liberal Cynic » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:27 am

Have been listening to the news and reading the newspapers about the proggressing. I wrote this, to express my feeling on the current situations about all the wars in the Middle East,
*clears through*
Why are we fighting here today? Money, power, land, respect? We are fighting a war against our brothers, for things that ultimatly and meaningless. We are fighting people exactly like us. We let our petty differences ignite wars one after another. Wars that are in such unnecisary proportions. Risking the lives of innocence, just because we see things differently. We look at one another thinking them evil for fighting on their side, but we have to remember, that once countries patriot it another's terrorist. You think what they do is evil, even when you spare no expense to do that same to them. We have to relize there will always be a war to fight, there will always be a battle to be won. But, here today, do we have to fight this war? Are we willing to sacrifice the very lives of innocence over our difference of views? Is all you are doing and sacrificing worth it? There will come a day when a war needs to be faught, a battle that needs to be won, but is that this day? Are you willing to sacrifice all for land, money, or power this day? Let me ask you what is a more righteous cause to sacrifice for, war or peace? Why can't we look past the skin and see we are all good people and we are all doing what we see is right. The question is, can we put aside our difference of opinion , views, and beliefs, to come to see that no one need die today in this war, to see that we can live together accepting our differences and tolerating others to bring peace this day. To spare the lives of innocence? But, when the fog clears and the dust settles, what remains? What survives all tribulations of war? Love. Love never dies. Love fore one another can do more that money ever can. When we can learn to love eachother seeing good and bad of each person, knowing if they can love, good will always triumph. When we can see and understand that we can learn what wars to fight, what sacrifices are righteous, and what peace truly is. When we can learn to love everybody for what good they do and forgive their evils we can the stops the wars. Tolerate difference in opiniion and views, we can stop the predjudeces. There will always be evil in the world, but this day ask yourselves, is today worth risking everything I have? Ask yourself is there room for love in the darkest of hours? Ask yourself, why am I fighting here today?
In the immortal words of one of the greatest men alive "All you need is love, Love is all you need"
Bite me~ Ozymandias Justin Llewellyn
I put the fun back in funeral.

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:25 am

I smell a religious flame war brewing. Prove me wrong.

(EDIT: On second thought, the questionable posts plus a couple of idiotic ones have been removed.)
Made by Angela. :D

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:31 pm

In the immortal words of one of the greatest men alive "All you need is love, Love is all you need"
Heh.
Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:33 pm

Israel was not just "given" those lands. They have a long history in that region back to the 2nd millenia BC and many of it's most important sites are there. The geography wasn't chosen at random.

Most people saw 2 civilians as a flimsy but Israel saw it as a good pretext to go after Hezbollah (and of course destroying half the countries structures and services puts a little security for the future). Israel said one of the demands for a ceasefire would be the unconditional release of the soldiers. The ceasefire is here, the soldiers aren't.

The meager response from the Arab states is because they're either tied to America and can't really act or they can't stand one another.

"All you need is love, Love is all you need"
How lovely, oh wait I need air to ... :roll:

Return to “World Events”