N. Korea admits to having nuclear weapons

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:55 pm

Yep. <a href='http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... rnational/' target='_blank'>North Korea has officially announced that it has nuclear weapons</a>. Their claim is that they are needed for defense given the increasingly hostile attitude from Washington. Also, they will not be reentering disarmament negotiations in the forseeable future.<br><br>So... we've now managed to irritate countries that actually have weapons of mass destruction. And we didn't even have to go invade them. Oh, crud.
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Wheeeeeeeeeee!<br><br><i>"It's the end of the world as we know it,<br>And I feel fine...."</i>

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:13 pm

uh oh time to invade <s>Afghanistan</s> <s>Iraq</s> Iran!
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:15 pm

Must... Resist... Urge... To... Post... AYB... jokes... unh.<br><br>
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Ankaris

Postby Ankaris » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:08 pm

Yeah, just made official what I've believed for some time.<br><br>On the lighter side of the news, Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles are getting married.<br><br>I am consumed by a state of apathy.
Oh dear lord sig is fubar. o_o

Ruedii-X

Postby Ruedii-X » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:25 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GhostWay+Feb 10 2005, 11:55 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (GhostWay @ Feb 10 2005, 11:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Yep. <a href='http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... rnational/' target='_blank'>North Korea has officially announced that it has nuclear weapons</a>. Their claim is that they are needed for defense given the increasingly hostile attitude from Washington. Also, they will not be reentering disarmament negotiations in the forseeable future.<br><br>So... we've now managed to irritate countries that actually have weapons of mass destruction. And we didn't even have to go invade them. Oh, crud. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> yeah, I guess that blows Mr. Ws plans on invading N. Korea to prove they have nueclear weapons.<br><br>He deserves it!<br><br>Frankly, I think they had every right to build those weapons after Bush sent all those threats to them.

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:48 am

They probably had those weapons before Bush was president. Wouldn't surprise me if they did, anyway.<br>
Made by Angela. :D

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:54 am

And yet, somehow a country that posed no threat to us whatsoever was somehow the primary target?

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:31 pm

Not surprising, there was an unofficial statement some time before wasn't there?

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:34 am

<!--QuoteBegin-FelixSoftpaw+Feb 10 2005, 09:54 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (FelixSoftpaw @ Feb 10 2005, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> And yet, somehow a country that posed no threat to us whatsoever was somehow the primary target? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> Sure, we knew the Iraqis didn't have much of a chance of flinging nuclear weapons into Seoul and killing ten million people.<br>
Made by Angela. :D

Ruedii-X

Postby Ruedii-X » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:15 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Zaaphod+Feb 11 2005, 12:48 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Zaaphod @ Feb 11 2005, 12:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> They probably had those weapons before Bush was president. Wouldn't surprise me if they did, anyway. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> Yes, but according to protocol of deplomacy, having a weapon in you're reserve, and saying you have it are two different things entirely.<br><br>If you admit you have it, that is a vauge undirected threat. It means that "we are no longer hiding that we have been developing" by saying "We have been developing." This means they want to imply that they could use them, however I doubt they would be that stupid; it is still a very aggressive move, and to accuse Bush of being the one of drawing the method, they are in-turn declaring a mexican standoff, so to speak.<br><br>In International politics one has to read between the lines.

Return to “World Events”