Happy Birthday, Marine Corps!

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Septimius Severus

Postby Septimius Severus » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:19 pm

November 10, 1775: The United States Marine Corps is first formed out of the craziest bar flies in Tunn Tavern, Philadelphia. <br><br>We all did a nice 3-mile run this morning to celebrate the USMC's 229th, then went to the wardroom for the tradtitional cake ceremony. The Commander cuts the cake with his saber, gives the piece to the oldest Marine (in this case, himself) who takes a bite of it, then passes it on to the youngest Marine. The Colonel spoke about the brotherhood of the Corps. The Major read us the following little gem.<br><br><br><!--QuoteBegin--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> </td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> The USMC: 229 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. I was born in a bomb crater, my Mother was an M-16, and my Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. <br><br>I'm a roughish looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corps, and the American Flag. <br><br>We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we overran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers and talk like sailors and slap the Hell out of both of them at the same time.  Marine by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice,  United States Marine by act of God.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
¡Mueran todos los reyes!

Zylo

Postby Zylo » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:49 pm

God bless all you brave souls.
123456doit

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:14 am

Semper Fidelis! *salutes*<br><br>
Made by Angela. :D

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:15 am