Riddle Minute

Popular word games for time well wasted.

Moderator:Æron

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:54 am

Tai got the answer, it is indeed mercury!

I have others, but will let someone else have a turn...
**smiles**
...Only fair, right?

:dragon:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Ok. Thank you lewis for filling in. Those were indeed challenging riddles. I hope to here more from you.
This one may seem easy in comparison to Lewis' last riddle.

A CEO left his office and told the night watchman good night. When he came back the nightwatchman told him, "Sir, Sir! I had dream last night that you were going to die in today's meeting! Please don't go!

The CEO decided to humor him and say ok. When it was time for the meeting he decided to wait for a couple of minutes to be late for the meeting. When he was about to go to the meeting, someone told that everyone in the meeting died from some shooter. Suprised the CEO walked over to the nightwatchman thank him and fire him. Why?
(No the nightwatchman was not the shooter.)

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Because nightwatchmen are not supposed to be dreaming(sleeping) at night, they're supposed to be watching.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Because nightwatchmen are not supposed to be dreaming(sleeping) at night, they're supposed to be watching.
Yup! you got it! Wow people usually take a while to figure that one out.

Ok next one.

A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says thank you and walks out. Why?

FurryFox13

Postby FurryFox13 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:13 pm

Ok next one.

A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says thank you and walks out. Why?
The man asking for a glass of water had the hiccups, when the bartender pulled out the shotgun, it scared him so his hiccups were gone =3

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:20 pm

I knew that one would be too easy. Okay how about this one.

There was a lady with five sons. The first was named Alpha. The second was named Beta. The third was named Gamma and the fourth was named Delta. What was the name of the fifth son.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:11 pm

That's a riddle? It seems to have more than one possible answer. Maybe you're throwing us off. I'll go out on a limb and say "Epsilon."
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Alpha II.

(but yeah, that last one isn't really a riddle as there is no hint, the challenge is just "do you know the greek alphabet", and if that is not the correct answer, it is not a proper riddle because there is no hint)

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:57 pm

That's a riddle? It seems to have more than one possible answer. Maybe you're throwing us off. I'll go out on a limb and say "Epsilon."
Maybe or maybe not! that is for me to know and you to find out! By the way you and doctor sticks are wrong.

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Ok next one.

HAHA! I can't believe I messed up on this! nice one!

8)

There was a lady with five sons. The first was named Alpha. The second was named Beta. The third was named Gamma and the fourth was named Delta. What was the name of the fifth son.

Logic perks my brain, after several moments of studying this problem. I really admire the way this was put together! (It's not a riddle as you may THINK of a riddle!)
The answer stares us in the face! (Huh?! What!? LOL!! Am I right?)

8) :laugh: 8)

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Ok next one.

HAHA! I can't believe I messed up on this! nice one!

8)

Logic perks my brain, after several moments of studying this problem. I really admire the way this was put together! (It's not a riddle as you may THINK of a riddle!)
The answer stares us in the face! (Huh?! What!? LOL!! Am I right?)

8) :laugh: 8)
YES?
:?:

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:05 am

yes lewis, but keep quite!

Still waiting for an answer I got some good riddles for you all so try to solve this one.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:43 am

Oh, I see. You used a period instead of a question mark, so the fifth son's name is What.

For some reason, my mind came up with this immature riddle the other day:

A boy and a girl were walking in the woods. The boy stopped to urinate on a poison ivy patch. There was nothing special about this patch, and the girl had never objected to him doing this before. Why did she object this time?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:52 am

She needed to go and he was hogging up all the room?
I don't I'm just guessing. By the way you got the answer to my riddle.

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:30 am

yes lewis, but keep quite!

Still waiting for an answer I got some good riddles for you all so try to solve this one.
8)

Return to “Forum Games”