Riddle me this batman!

Popular word games for time well wasted.

Moderator:Æron

Tum0spoo
Riddle me this batman!

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:13 pm

Riddle game!

Ask a riddle, hide the answer with {size=1]answer here[/size}
What is:
Greater than god
More evil than satan
the poor have it
the rich need it
and if you eat it you will die?

nothing
ImageImage

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:27 pm

Nothing. (I once told the riddle in Spanish, and the 23-year-old listener guessed, "La mierda.")

Two items have the same purpose. One has thousands of moving parts, and the other has none. What are the items?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:17 am

mechanical watch and sundial (though technically the earth has to move for it to work :V )

A group of 4 people were in a one-room cabin when the lights went out. Getting bored in the pitch black, they devised a game where each hiker would go to each corner of building.

One person would leave their corner and follow a wall as fast as they could without fallingtill they found the next person at a corner. The person who moved would direct the person they found to the next wall. The second person then would go down the next wall, while the first remained in the corner. They went on for a few minutes, getting faster times as they got used to the floor, until one of them began to scream. Y

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:06 pm

mechanical watch and sundial
I don't think a watch has that many moving parts. What I had in mind was an hourglass.

As for your riddle, my best guess is that the cabin was actually the cabin of a plane and one of the goofballs finally realized that they were losing altitude at an alarming rate.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:32 am

mechanical watch and sundial
I don't think a watch has that many moving parts. What I had in mind was an hourglass.
Oh forgot about that; but if you count every electron moving in a battery operated mechanical watch...
As for your riddle, my best guess is that the cabin was actually the cabin of a plane and one of the goofballs finally realized that they were losing altitude at an alarming rate.
Well it's a log cabin for argument's sake. Here's a hint, try to see what would happen if you played this game

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:56 am

One of them got away from the wall and couldn't find anything? One of them accidentally made out with another?
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:25 am

I know this isn't a lateral thinking puzzle, but let's pretend that it is for a minute...

Did the group complete several successful "rotations" before the scream?

Was the cabin door open?

Are the genders or ages of the hikers important?

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Doc -

Answers are, respectively

Yes
No
No (Where are you going with this one :o)

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:40 pm

Tai, you were supposed to hide the answer in size 1 font in your post so we could cheat! :mad:
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:05 pm

This has been driving me nuts. I give up. :( Could we get the answer, or perhaps a hint?

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:50 pm

Tai, you were supposed to hide the answer in size 1 font in your post so we could cheat! :roll:
Oops so here

After awhile with nothing else to do but think, someone realized something: if you play with 4 people, there would have had to been a fifth inside to go on for awhile, who was already in the house listening to them. Otherwise, after one round the last person would find an empty corner.

( edit oops did some ting wong)

Also I haven't forgotten about the pictures Doc I will upload them as soon as I have time :(

Ooh i have another

A nocturne call of death and dead
It meets the lamp with frozen dread
It does not catch you in its webs
But hunts in grunts as moonlight ebbs
No match for man or matador
It watches as you row ashore

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:32 am

I like this better when there's no answers but no one ever replies =|

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:09 pm

I have a few guesses... feel free to say "One of them's right" without saying which, if you want. (That's assuming one of them *is* right, of course.)

Foghorn?
Bullhorn?
Lighthouse?
Frost?
Hoarfrost?

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:18 pm

I was thinking "fog" for some reason. Also "dark."
Anyhow, here's one I wrote. Actually, two.
I give brief explanations in the answers, too.

First:
I begin with a companion, my middle consists of the front of a beast, and I end with the beginning of a middle. What am I?
Pyramid. Companion --> peer, beast --> animal, the front being the letter a, and the beginning of a middle is mid.
Second:
I end with the hidden sound in the middle of a blunder, I begin in the same way as this very same blunder, and my middle consists of the fake sound in the middle of the blunder. What am I?
A fox. Blunder --> faux pas...

Don't go posting the answer if you cheat. It'll spoil the fun for those who still want to guess.
Quoth the spotted fox: <b>*yerf*</b> :locke:
You usually
have to take what people say
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
mine, a shaker or two may
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス
If you miss my old sigs...

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:53 am

I have a few guesses... feel free to say "One of them's right" without saying which, if you want. (That's assuming one of them *is* right, of course.)

Foghorn?
Bullhorn?
Lighthouse?
Frost?
Hoarfrost?
Bullhorn is REALLY REALLY close.

The answer is bullfrog;they croak, look creepy when you shine light on them, lol webbed feet, nocturnal and croaking again, play on words: BULLfrog, and they hang out in water (where boats are)

Return to “Forum Games”