Ozy and Millie Game

Popular word games for time well wasted.

Moderator:Æron

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:39 am

Hi, here's an O&M themed reversi game I threw together on the Games Factory. I thought that Reversi really captured the general atmosphere of the comic well, the combination of deep thought and passive-agresiveness. (and I had a Reversi template) tell me what you think!

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:08 am

Downloading, I despise the Games Factory.<br>It's so limited you can't do bloody anything original!

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:09 pm

I'm confused about how to play, how do you move your pieces?<br>I've tried dragging, clicking, poking, the help file, agony and the exit button but can't get they thingys to do nothing.

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:14 pm

If you know how to use it, The Games Factory can be very flexible. Just don't use any of the preset stuff. Plus it has an easy to use sprite editor. Much better than paint.<br><br>I wish I still had an old game of mine uploaded...

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:58 am

TGF doesn't have any coding abilities does it?<br><br>And what do you mean uploaded?<br>On your computer or on here?

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:12 am

Both.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:21 pm

Press F1, there's a help file attached. just click where you want to place your piece. Reversi is a bit like tic-tac-toe, you don't move the pieces, just place them. It is a two player game, I couldn't have programmed a very good AI in the time it took me to make this.(2 hours)<br><br>As for the games factory, I don't have the time to learn C++ or JAVA, and TGF allows me to create games without having to. There are extentions that allow you to incorperate VBasic and Java, but I haven't needed those. All in all it's a lot like the Macromedia Flash enviroment.

Return to “Forum Games”