Ciphered Quotes

Popular word games for time well wasted.

Moderator:Æron

GhostWay
Ciphered Quotes

Postby GhostWay » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:48 pm

I thought I'd try a little mind game. Basically, I'll encrypt an O&M quote in a simple cipher, and see if anyone can decode it. Wikipedia should help if you don't know the ciphers.

I'll start off with an easy one: a Rail Fence Cipher. And an old, likely outdated quote.

SARLION ULEET HM STY RO TNOE SNIOCS Q
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:09 pm

"Senator Helms is not in your closet."

ROT13, because I really don't want to spend the effort on a more complicated algorithm:

Creuncf gurl'ir qvfpbirerq gur tvnag jubbcrr phfuvba V uvq haqre gur Nepgvp Angvbany Jvyqyvsr Ershtr.
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:09 pm

"Perhaps they've discovered the giant whoopee cushion I hid under the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge."

A Simple Ceaser Shift Cipher by three letters

WKLQNRILWDVDQHASHULPHQWLQMRFNSVBFKRORJB
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:19 am

Caesar ciphers are so notoriously easy, I was hoping someone else would pick it up. Ah well.

"Think of it as an experiment in jock psychology."

Switching from substitution back to transposition, have a helping of columnar transposition. A bit harder, but not much, I hope. The key is everyone's favorite pop-culture obsessed, self-image engrossed raccoon child. (Yes, it's a riddle, but I hope not a hard one.)

IRITISN VADIWZO NRZUTSB EEEPYOS ELSDAED
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:09 pm

avery was the key; letter order corresponded to the rows. Try it yourself: seperate the groups of letters into 5 columns (each group is one column), move the columns into the order 1 3 4 2 5, and get the following:
INEVE
RREAL
IZEDS
TUPID
IYYWA
SSOZE
NBSOD

Now I'll never know if bsod was just random filler or a rant against microsoft come baaack ghostway :(

Ok, lets try a keyboard shift (querty, dvorak and international layouts need not apply =|)

nw.efbvwk Nw. .e j/n wj /nnvb Nw. .e j/n wj w t.vjrjrpm /nnvb

if you're stuck the first "word" has part of my nick :V

oh the price I pay for my master plan to control the fourm

*edit* this is not an o/m quote ok

Return to “Forum Games”