Sup.

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

Foxchild
Re: Sup.

Postby Foxchild » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of anime, mostly because even the slightest bad/corny voice acting bugs the absolute piss out of me
Oh, that's a good point. If anyone gets Azumanga Daioh, for the love of god get a subbed version. Ghost In The Shell doesn't matter so much, the voices are decent in English. As a show with lots of action, it's nice not having to concentrate on the bottom of the screen when there's lot of stuff going on. It annoys me though how the US only seems to have about 30 voice actors that work on anime. Over so many different English dubs you'll hear the same voices over and over again.
The number of times I've heard "Yugio's" voice in tv and games, it destroys whatever it is I'm enjoying when I make that realization.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:46 am

Similarly, when watching Death Note I found it rather distracting to realize that Light was voiced by the same guy who does Inuyasha.

Jason, part of the issue with AD for me was that I couldn't get a subbed version. The DVD didn't play nicely with my computer, so I could switch audio but couldn't get subtitles at all. Couldn't stand the English voices at all.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:14 am

The number of times I've heard "Yugio's" voice in tv and games, it destroys whatever it is I'm enjoying when I make that realization.
I feel your pain.
Similarly, when watching Death Note I found it rather distracting to realize that Light was voiced by the same guy who does Inuyasha.

Jason, part of the issue with AD for me was that I couldn't get a subbed version. The DVD didn't play nicely with my computer, so I could switch audio but couldn't get subtitles at all. Couldn't stand the English voices at all.
I also feel your pain. Yes the English dub was terrible. Good enough to look up on youtube for a laugh, that's all.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Oh, that's a good point. If anyone gets Azumanga Daioh, for the love of god get a subbed version.
Or just buy it -- it'll come with the dub and the sub.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:22 pm

I guess I'll reuse this old thread. I'll be gone for the weekend just to let you guys know. I'm going to a Furry Rehabilitation center in Hunt, Texas.

Nah, I'm just kidding :lol: I'm going on a Orchestra retreat and it's all weekend. If I'm not back on monday, then I'm dead. See ya!

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Furry Rehabilitation center
How dare you scare mommy like that! My heart jump up into my throat!
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Merry Christmas, DC

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:16 am

hahahaha I believed it too for a half a second :laugh: :laugh:

that was a good one man have fun
Meh, shes a lesbian.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 am