Enter with a bang...

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Like it or not, you have to accept change. It's just an outright property of the universe.
And I totally agree. When I arrived, I had already been under the influence of mayhaps 18 years solid net-surfing, web diving and so forth into forums, websites, youtube, mytube, and etc. (Maybe 23 years total online, give or take, but one don't simply learn to surf, one must become one with the net. Then can one truly surf.)
The problem is, I can't focus totally on a lot of stuff, I get distracted, I go ballistic with a search and lose track of everything, or the other reality on the other side of the monitor (from us) disrupts me. I deal with it and move on. Always have, always will.
Each and every niche and cranny (out here) has their own style, or format if you will. But there are several (um, basic?) rules (netiquette?) and I've noticed a few places (out here) that even ignore them in one form or another, bring up yet one more 'unwritten law': "If there's already something cooking in the pot, and the chef is standing there stirring it, do NOT add more stuff. The chef knows what's cooking, not you!"
So please let me tell you I haven't had the intent, nor the desire to stir things myself, I merely made a comment and got precisely what I had intended: Input and feedback.
You have yet to know me (as 'almost' stated somewhere else these forums by someone), but thru this most glorious string of posts (we) have made, knowledge grows...
**smiles**
...Thank you!
That was epic Jack. I had fun reading it, and I agree with what you say, even though I've only been here a year. Heh.
I did indeed read it fully, and twice to be exact. Both that, and the other posts made by everyone have something for me. But not just for me either! For us all! Was well worth the read, and Liz already said it was epic, so 'nuf said about that. THIS post I make here and now is intended to pay everyone back. (I hope)
Now when I came, I had to change a little so as not to be as "forceful" as other 'islands' (out here) called forums. You all had to change 'ever so slightly', too even if all it was was to notice 'a new guy'. You all have already found your places, I found mine. Just so happens my place is a LOT lower than many might think, and as far as talent goes, I've already come o the conclusion mine apparently don't work well here too much. Not to mention it's caliber being lower than what I've noticed here!
Change. It's all around us. Both new and old, good and bad, up and down. All opposites must and will exist, until the great opposite occurs: Life and death.

:ozy: :dragon: :millie:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Jack's post is now an official title of the Oprah Book Club, and also included in the "necessary reading" section of all major libraries.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:42 am

4Chan killed netiquette.

Also, CRAP I just read something Oprah said to read! :crycry:

Also, netiquette is an allowed word by my spellchecker, while lol is not. WTF man, wtf. (Wtf is also not allowed :( )
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:26 pm

moar liek WTP.
(dear admins who made wordfilter please change WTF to WTP)
pants jesus

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am

@lewis: keep at it there are some members here that I less-than-liked but they grew into somewhat tolerable niches ^___^ lurk more as the romans do etc

[quote="Hraefn"][/quote]

oh man

Jack what should I (pitifuly attempt to) draw for you I feel guilty now for all that IRC stuff

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:26 pm

I remember some IRC stuff but nothing that's keeping me bitter at you Tai, so don't feel compelled to draw anything.

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:04 pm

My value is lost in the chatroom I think, besides I rarely have the time...
**sighs**
...If I'm not giving birth over one issue, I'm resting from having done so for another.
**sings**
"It's all part of the circle of life!"

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:11 am

ouch♫

only ½ witty on my behalf.
ImageImageImage

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Hey guys. What's going on in this thread? I haven't had time to read it.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh, you wouldn't believe it so don't bother to verify anything I say!

Tai and Monica finally got together when she told him that she was pregnant with Ait's, his evil twin, love child. Meanwhile, Arlo tried to break up the engagement because she knew that Monica and Doog were just using Tai in order to use his access to the portal to ancient Egypt to steal the sarcophagus of King Tut. Mysteriously, Bocaj has been sabotaging the efforts of both sides but really, he's just doing it for foreshadowing and lulz. Simon makes an appearance and its implied that he's the new head of the Minnesota Mafia. Finally, Rooser woke up from his coma to discover the world widely changed in the one week since his accident.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:33 pm

See, it's things like:
AND:

Tai and Monica finally got together when she told him that she was pregnant with Ait's, his evil twin, love child. Meanwhile, Arlo tried to break up the engagement because she knew that Monica and Doog were just using Tai in order to use his access to the portal to ancient Egypt to steal the sarcophagus of King Tut. Mysteriously, Bocaj has been sabotaging the efforts of both sides but really, he's just doing it for foreshadowing and lulz. Simon makes an appearance and its implied that he's the new head of the Minnesota Mafia. Finally, Rooser woke up from his coma to discover the world widely changed in the one week since his accident.
That KEEP me here!
Yeah, ok. I admit it. I'm staying for a while...
...There, ya happy now?
:dragon:

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:34 am

who the hell is Monica
pants jesus

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:10 am

Spluh! Tai's girlfriend who is cheating on him with his evil twin. Also, the last living guardian of the Ersatz Diamond and the world's fastest piccolist.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:11 pm

See, it's things like:
AND:

That KEEP me here!
Yeah, ok. I admit it. I'm staying for a while...
...There, ya happy now?
:dragon:
Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock...

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:43 pm

please stay! you haven't been posting much (or maybe I just haven't noticed because you changed your avatar a while back) but you're really cool
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Return to “Airport”