Enter with a bang...

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

LewisTheTank
Enter with a bang...

Postby LewisTheTank » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 pm

...Leave with a whisper.
(Hey, it could happen...)
:?
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Where do you think YOU'RE going?

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:28 am

:o

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:43 pm

What

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 pm

Right now, nowhere...
**smiles with a sigh**
...But a thought HAS been crossing my mind...
(I've been getting the impression no one really even cares about the comic any more, just the need to partake in ridicule and such.
Probably one of the truest things said on these boards in a while.
...Now I realize these boards are more than O&M lately, and even on the same note as the quote, many other topics follow suit.
(At this point, NOT a useless emoticon) :arrow: :?
**shrug**
On a similar note, but different flavor, I totally admire, respect and appreciate (almost) any talent. Period.
:dragon:

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:26 pm

awww, but I love you :(

in a don't-worry-that-I'm-16-because-I-don't-mean-like-that way.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:20 pm

awww, but I love you :(

in a don't-worry-that-I'm-16-because-I-don't-mean-like-that way.
Right now, nowhere...
**smiles with a sigh**
...But a thought HAS been crossing my mind...
...What little mind I have left anyways. (lol? ok, nm...)
I'm around still, how long depends on (them). 3, 4 maybe even 5 members that post regularly are worth reading/scanning still. A couple others DO kinda make me laugh, too. I'll not say to whom I refer, but it is they and the remaining O&M that has kept me here this long.
However, if one bad apple can spoil a whole bunch, how bad do you think the entire bunch will be if many of the apples are bad? At that point...
...I'll whisper out.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 pm

pants that stupid webcomic.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:15 pm

but it is they and the remaining O&M that has kept me here this long.
This long?

You've been here since late August of this year.

That is not a long time to be anywhere.

Now me, I've been here for years. Five gruelling, weary, shin-kicking years of grief, drama and the occasional ummagumma. I've turned up, done my shift and buggered off to fantasy-ville when the chocolate mousse started hitting the fan at the exceptional speed of thirteen kilowatts.

I've registered and had my hand stamped with the damning membership mark that I will carry with shame and honour out of here into the great inter-beyond. I've left posts trivial, embarassing and google-worthy to taint the battleground of the forums like fallen ravens from the blood dampened welkin of Ragnarok. They will remain wayback in the machines of grandeur that access these fallow fields.

I have graced the turmoil of the IRC and left battle-scarred and nauseated with the vile attention it dishes out. I have said shit about others and no doubt have had shit said about me. I have eaten that shit and drawn Tai socks like there's no yesterday. I have braced the accusations great and small I so clearly remember from one boring moment to another. I have laughed away the sorrow and the mirth and passed around the ashes of old laughter to share and torment with. I have written rambling posts with no aim or end in taste.

I have thrown myself into this even after knowing the consequences and habits of people around me. I have liked and reminisced and grieved and grown.

So don't start assuming and modern major-generalising about people in casual observations from the safe distance of your pearly abode. We the loosely regulated have carved out this particular niche and fallen into our terrible, horrible and other words ending in -ible customs.

If there are bad apples we take them out in the village square, tie a bandana around their pips and fill them full of ban. If you have anything to say about it you can say it and startle me with magnificence you dreamy swing-band fandango.

There will not be a place - apart from your possible own harshly unforseen nanny-forum of glib reality - where you will take a fancy to every member and want to take them home, disemvowel them, stuff them full of stuffing, embalm them and set as a trophy of good memories you never actually shared intimately. Point is, you meet jerks, deal with it.

Most IMPORTANTLY, people past and present complain their beloved forum has gone to the dogs (and I mean sick maggot-infested-wound bearing angry snarling unforgivingly bitey dogs, not the ones you see Fritz hugging), they bitch and moan and then they eff off to parts unknown, dooming that forum to the fate they declared. You don't see them staying and trying to influence it in their desired direction. They just give up and go. Well fare-thee-well.

It is unfortunate how things change. I hate that. I geniusly do. But to complain so soon after arrival at a country that has already set its ways because of who remained and who left - that's just rich. Icelandic Krona rich.

So, yes, there are arguments and shit and unicorn farts sometimes. People get over perceived adversity and move on. If you can't absolutely stand it, if you abhor every eyeball pointing moment the forum offers then you're not trying grandly enough. Reach for that sandcastle-top, climb its finely sculpted granular exterior and declare from its superb zenith - "I can see the promised forum".

In conclusion, read the comic, keep it in the appropiate forum and gently cast off each humble bubble to survive and keep your dreams alive. Don't let them be wracked by internet futility.

Also in conclusion, read Slow Wave, it's an amazingly Ministry of Silly Walks comic.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:49 pm

that was tl;dr but I got the impression from glancing at it that most of it was tongue-in-cheek.

That being said, I agree with Jack. I've been here two months since the place opened, and there have definitely been times when I've realize that I didn't care about coming here. I've probably actually spent two whole years total not coming here, with the longest single period of time being the period before I came back this summer.
pants jesus

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:18 pm

I haven't purposefully avoided coming here since I arrived. I love you guys <3
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:30 pm

Like it or not, you have to accept change. It's just an outright property of the universe.

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:58 pm

That was epic Jack. I had fun reading it, and I agree with what you say, even though I've only been here a year. Heh.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Most IMPORTANTLY, people past and present complain their beloved forum has gone to the dogs, they bitch and moan and then they eff off to parts unknown, dooming that forum to the fate they declared. You don't see them staying and trying to influence it in their desired direction. They just give up and go. Well fare-thee-well.
*ahem* I am still here.
pants jesus

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 pm

Obviously refering to the many who that paragraph apply to, Doog.

Return to “Airport”