A jurney of self enlightenment

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:41 pm

I've heard about that before. I always thought it'b be cool to see certain colors with music and feelings and such. Then again, it would probably be one of those things that would get old real fast.
Nathan

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 pm

Sounds like a loose wire somewhere. But hell, I don't know what it's like for you to listen to music, who's to say you'd enjoy my experience of music.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:37 am

I really could have sworn that I'd asked this, but apparently it's not in my posts. So, do you ever watch the computer generated visualizations for music? I imagine it might possibly be similar to me trying to read a book while listening to a separate book on tape.
also: http://www.analogsf.com/0602/behindthestory2.shtml
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

osprey

Postby osprey » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:15 am

I really could have sworn that I'd asked this, but apparently it's not in my posts. So, do you ever watch the computer generated visualizations for music? I imagine it might possibly be similar to me trying to read a book while listening to a separate book on tape.
also: http://www.analogsf.com/0602/behindthestory2.shtml
That would definitely be interesting to know. It'd also be interesting to know if this pisses you off should the "wrong" colours come up in the visualization versus what you see yourself when hearing the music.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:45 pm

I don't mind visualizations much (possibly because I enjoy picking out the visual patterns that respond to the parts of the music), but I can't stand listening to music through headphones in one ear, it's like seeing the world in black & white through one eye, and I can't stand iDoser, I almost through up. My music forms are ascioteated most of the time (like invoulintary thought), but I do project (actualy see) some things. Whenever I have a thought or someone is trying to explain something to me, I see a shape or line whiz through my vision.

Return to “Airport”