A jurney of self enlightenment

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

Shinigetsu
A jurney of self enlightenment

Postby Shinigetsu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:27 pm

A while ago, I sort of disappeared from this forum. After Tom Flapwell mentioned his case of synesthesia, I looked it up. When I found out that it wasn't how "normal people" perceived the world, I took several tests and found that I have around 16 different types. It's been a very confusing week for me since my mind is still trying to grasp the idea of how most people see/hear/understand the world. I now have no idea why most of you would like music at all, and have absolutely no clue how you understand spoken English. Just letting you know where I've been. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Mista_B

Re: A jurney of self enlightenment

Postby Mista_B » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:32 pm

my mind is still trying to grasp the idea of how most people see/hear/understand the world.
Boringly. Or chemical assistively.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:19 pm

A while ago, I sort of disappeared from this forum. After Tom Flapwell mentioned his case of synesthesia, I looked it up. When I found out that it wasn't how "normal people" perceived the world, I took several tests and found that I have around 16 different types. It's been a very confusing week for me since my mind is still trying to grasp the idea of how most people see/hear/understand the world. I now have no idea why most of you would like music at all, and have absolutely no clue how you understand spoken English. Just letting you know where I've been. :sad: :sad: :sad:
It's best just not to worry about how other people see the world. It'd be akin to fretting over whether other people see the same red as you do.

All the best.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:30 pm

I know, but I even see differently from most other synesthites. It doesn't seem fair that I have to read the words that people speak and get a headache whenever the video is out of sync with the sound on TV.
I tried to ask a friend of mine how he understood words after I told him about my syn and he thought I was making fun of him.
:sad:

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:21 pm

I now have no idea why most of you would like music at all
Because Ayreon is the musical equivalent of being rammed up the ass by a sexy black man.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:39 pm

Because Ayreon is the musical equivalent of being rammed up the ass by a sexy black man.
Enjoyable for some, leaves you walking funny the next day?
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:35 pm

Enjoyable for some, leaves you walking funny the next day?
Exactly.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 am

What types do you have?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:36 am

You ask me, I'd say very few people interpret the world the same way. Who's to say what's normal? You are who you are, you experience things the way you experience them.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:43 am

What types do you have?
From the sounds of things, more than all of them.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Although your differences seem to be causing you pain it's still inevitable that you're going to see the world in a different way and it's a good thing humans can do that. Being limited to only a few outlooks on life is a terrible thing.

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:15 pm

What types do you have?
Emotion-color
Musical instrument-color
Song feeling-color
Musical key-color
Musical interval-color
Musical note-color
Personality-color
Emotion-sound
Concept-color
Spacial
Ticker tape (subtitling conversation)
Number form
Object-color
Letters and numbers-color
Non musical sound-color
Temperature-color
Smell-color
Pain-sound
From the sounds of things, more than all of them.
There are over 50 different kinds.

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 am

It'd be interesting to find out what colours you see when hearing certain music.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:57 am

Jazz tends to have lots of dark colors, browns, blacks etc. pop usually is fairly clashy, like blue and orange. A lot of rap sucks, almost all black and grey. Latin American music tends to have more solid things, like yellow and black. MEHTUL sucks, it's almost all multicolored static. Classical is beautiful, covering many divers colors and shapes, Pachebell's cannon in D is like golden weaving in with yellow-orange strings of fire. :P

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:28 pm

yea i agree, rap doesn't really count as music lol.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Airport”