Going on a mission!

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

CameronCN
Going on a mission!

Postby CameronCN » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Many of you already know I've been planning to go on a mission for my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) for a while. Well, many delays later, the time has finally come. I've gotten the letter telling me where I'm going and what to do, so it's time for me to start saying good-bye for two years.

Okay, enough with the suspense. I've been assigned to go to Las Vegas, Nevada! Not somewhere I would have thought, but it's as good as anywhere. Not that I'll necessarily be in the city all the time--the mission covers much of eastern Nevada, chunks of California and Arizona, and a town or two in Utah. But I'll probably be in the city too, since they move you around a lot over two years (though the mission actually only covers the east half of Vegas, the rest going to a couple of other mission areas.)

I'll be leaving in SIX WEEKS, so you won't be seeing much of anything of me now (other than responding on this thread, of course.) I'll be pretty darn busy getting things ready, and schmoozing around forums is pretty low on my list. :D

So anyway, I just wanted to say it's been great being here and nice knowing you all. I do hope to return when my term of service is up!

Oh, also, if you by any chance happen to live in the area that I just described, could you maybe PM me with your address and phone number so I can...drop by? :wink:
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:17 pm

Have fun! I'm sure there's at least one computer in Las Vegas that you can talk on here with. :D

A dude named Vince

Postby A dude named Vince » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Wow, 2 whole years. It's gonna be weird with you gone for so long. Hope you remember your password when you get back (jk)!
Like Shredder emerging from the ooze, I've returned for a while!
Gary's mod?

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:35 pm

A missionary in the City of Sin? Either it's serious business, or the church stuck you with a perceived lost cause while they sent their more promising missionaries elsewhere. :-P
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Been good having you around Cam! Good luck on your mission, hope to see you around the interwebs again someday!
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:51 am

Best of luck in the missionary trip! Have fun in Vegas! Well, not too much fun, if you know what I mean. :P
No, but seriously, have an excellent two years and stay safe. Hope you can get in touch with us every now and then. Bye, Cam. It's been great knowing you.

*lights the candles on the goodbye cake*
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

klimt

Postby klimt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:25 am

enjoy.

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:52 am

It's gonna be interesting without you here for two years, man, but good luck on your trip, and hopefully you can get time to drop by and say hey every once in a while!

Thanks again for the awesome sketch and sketchbook!

Have fun, good luck, and stay as safe as you can, Monsieur Nielsen!
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:15 pm

Best of luck man. I'll be praying for a successful trip for ya.
Nathan

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 pm

You know, with the title "Going on a mission!" I thought maybe you'd been promoted to secret agent or something.

Maybe you have, and you aren't telling us. Damn, you're good at this. I can see why they chose you. Good luck assassinating enemies of the state!

Silliness aside, take care, and I hope I'm still here when you come back :smile:
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Thanks a lot for all the well-wishings, guys. :D
Have fun! I'm sure there's at least one computer in Las Vegas that you can talk on here with. :D
No time, and there are rules about that.
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

VolkswagenFox

Postby VolkswagenFox » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:32 pm

Have fun in Vegas, and please do check in once in a while if you can! :D

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:09 am

It's gonna be odd not having you around.

Goodbye, and I hope you can make use of your artistic abilities on your mission trip.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Return to “Airport”