Llewthepoet/Asterikboy86...

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

Richard K Niner
Llewthepoet/Asterikboy86...

Postby Richard K Niner » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:56 pm

Just got an email a short while ago...
Dearest Friends At Define Cynical:

This is Asterikboy86 (Llewthepoet) and I regret to inform you that I decided to be banned from the Define Cynical forums forever because my family found out I was on Define Cynical and decided that I shouldn't be cynical and ordered to quit the forum. Even though I tried to explain to them you all aren't cynical, but they didn't care. But still I respect their decisions and it was a hard thing to do, but I did it anyway. *This is no joke, I promise you that.*

This was two years of my life that I won't get back and you all befriended me when I had no friends in real life. I got to know you all and you all liked me! But I won't go into explaining about everyone I met there like Angela did, because I'm afraid I don't have the time. I would to think of everyone I met here as cool and unique in their own way and I will always remember you all and I hope you remember me.

Oh man, I'm tearing up, this is probably one of the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Like I said I won't be coming back to the forum ever, but I will still be a Ozy and Millie fan at heart.

To get in contact with me one last time, please send me a note at this address and I will get in contact with you one last time:

Asterikboy86[at]aol[dot]com

Thank You For All Your Hospitality!

Leaving The Forums For One LAST Time,

Goodbye, Good Luck, Remember Me, Keep Strong, AND NEVER EVER Forget The Name:

Asterikboy86 (Llewthepoet)
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:59 pm

lolol

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:05 pm

LOL WUT

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:57 pm

I find the three previous posts before me highly inappropriate for the situation at hand. I also feel that '86 should perhaps try and reason with his parents, and if that doesn't work, should ignore their ill-founded concerns.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:13 am

I find the three previous posts before me highly inappropriate for the situation at hand. I also feel that '86 should perhaps try and reason with his parents, and if that doesn't work, should ignore their ill-founded concerns.
Fail!

But yeah it is pretty damn ridiculous. I would completely ignore my parents if they told me to get off this site, especially for such a reason that they gave.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:18 am

You have GOT to be kidding me....

Seriously?

Wow...just wow.....

Farewell AB! We will all miss you... :crycry:
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:19 am

Okay, that's bizarre.

No offense, Asterik, but your parents are morons.

And, if you're over 18, I'm supportive of you telling them to stuff it. Even though I normally say that the commandment entitled "honor thy father and mother" is in force. Because this is just dumb.

I mean, deciding they don't want you to be cynical? Next thing you know, they won't let you read a comic strip named "The Sad Puppy" because they don't want you to BE SAD. :x
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:21 am

Okay, that's bizarre.

And, if you're over 18, I'm supportive of you telling them to stuff it. Even though I normally say that the commandment entitled "honor thy father and mother" is in force. Because this is just dumb.

I mean, deciding they don't want you to be cynical? Next thing you know, they won't let you read a comic strip named "The Sad Puppy" because they don't want you to BE SAD. :x
Win!
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 am

Okay, that's bizarre.

Thank you for saying that.
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:25 am

I'm not convinced this is real.

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:37 am

I'm not convinced this is real.
I dunno, some parents really are that emotionally abusive because yeah, that's what this is.
Bad thigs happen because people are stupid.

A dude named Vince

Postby A dude named Vince » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:19 am

His parents banned him from DC because they didn't want you to be cynical? I'm sure if he just explained the title, they probably wouldn't ban him from posting here. My opinion is pretty much what Cameron said. Anyway, in the case his parents never let him come here again, he'll be missed :sad: ! In the case he somehow explains to his parents that we all aren't cynical (too cynical anyway. Even still, that's a stupid reason) I would eagerly await his return.
Like Shredder emerging from the ooze, I've returned for a while!
Gary's mod?

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:25 am

Yeah, he sent me another email:

Reading through it, though, I'd like to point out that it's people like his aunt (see below) that make people cynical.
On Thursday night, I was on Define Cynical and I left on minimized and I turned off my monitor. When I came back my aunt called me to her computer and showed me Define Cynical. Now she, like most of my my family is very religious and have high morals. (So, she obviously must have turned on my monitor and checked the website. Other family members have caught me on DC before and were concerned about me, but didn't do anything about it.) She circled the word cynical with her mouse and said she doesn't want me to become cynical and that is not what she and the rest of the family want me to be. She ordered me to get out of the forum and leave it for good and I tried to explain that the people there aren't cynical nor does it teach cynicism, she didn't care for my explainations and told me to go do it. I live in her house while I am going to school and since I wanted to follow the rules and stay in the house I decided to go ahead and do it. But it was late that night and so I worked on it the next day, Friday. After trying to get a hold of Jason (likeafox) all afternoon, he finally responded and I told him the situation, but he wouldn't ban me right away. After explaining the direness of the situation, he finally relented, even though he was sorry to see me leave.

I am sorry that I can no longer stay at Define Cynical, due to my circumstances, it is a sad day for everyone especially me. It is true that I am banned and can no longer log into the forums. I live with my aunt because my grandmother lives there and there plenty of colleges and no rent, so I have to respect there wishes. I left my dad's house before college and my mom, well, my mom is dead, she died of cancer in 2001. I would like to thank you for the greatest two years of my life and for being my friend when I had none in real life.

Like I said, feel free to write back to me through that email address in the first post, I will be waiting for a response.

*If you are a moderator and see this topic, PLEASE grant me one last request and sticky this thread as it is my final time on this forum and it is important.*

Thank You For Truly Being The Best Friends A Guy Can Ever Have,
(I can't believe I am actually crying, but being on the forums was one of the best times that I have ever had and you all were so important to me.)

Farewell,

Asterikboy86 (Llewthepoet)
Also, I have to wonder why he needed his account banned... couldn't he have just stopped logging in? (that's what I did for my hiatus -- my parents still think I stopped visiting.)
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:33 am

It might be real.

If it is, then I guess we can do three things:

1. Point and Laugh.

2. E-mail his Aunt and argue his case.

3. Ignore it.

I guess you know which choice I'm leaning too.

Hey, Baconsticks is showing humane feelings! OH SHI-

Return to “Airport”