Final Farewell.

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

GhostWay
Final Farewell.

Postby GhostWay » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:29 pm

Well, I'm gone. This has nothing to do with certain recent events - I've really been gone from here for quite a while, truth be told. I've tried to get back into the forum, but it's a brick wall.

I guess I just need closure. I throughly enjoyed it here back when I joined two years ago. But this last year, the forum's changed. A lot. I will admit that I was in part at major fault with the fiasco from 2005, something which I truly regret. But even past that, things have changed so much. New members, mostly, that change the focus of the forum.

But I have nothing against you, and wish that you will enjoy the forum as much as I once did. Know this for what I say next.

The real reason I'm leaving, I suppose, is that this place has become so much more furry than it was two years ago. And, well, that's just not me. Just about all I see, it seems, are variations on "Look at me! Look at what I drew not five minutes ago! Random furry discussion!" All I get from that is a massive dose of I'm-not-one-of-you syndrome. It's just not my thing. I tried to incorporate myself into that frame of mind, but I just can't.

No longer is there the pure randomness that once embraced this place. No more can I hear the passioned cries of "rutabega!" Nowhere is there a spark of what I once loved about this place - it has all crumbled to dust trod upon by fuzzy heels.

Oh well. It happens.

Before I go, I'd like to thank everyone who's made this place so enjoyable, especially the likes of Octan, VisMis, Tavis, Arloest, Felix, Doctor Fred and Jerry. And anyone else I'm forgetting.

See you around, I guess.

Oh, and could you do me a favor? Just be awesome.

rutabega!
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:39 pm

Ironic. I originally joined partly BECAUSE there were furries. Well, I hope my newbness didn't scare you away. And you're always welcome to return! We have cookies!

Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:59 pm

Durn. People keep saying this place has gone downhill in the last 1.5-2 years. I've been here for a year and 10 months and found it quite good, not seeing any lasting downhill trend, so it must have been superb before. But then, I have been nominated for Furriest Member.

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:12 pm

It's a shame to see you go GhostWay. I never really got to know you, and that's a shame...I hope I was not part of the downfall of the forum in your opinion.

I've been here for less than a year, and I can kinda see what you mean. I haven't really noticed the forum sliding downward, but I'd say it dove to rock bottom last night.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Yeah but it rose back up outta the ground smoothly. Comon guys one bad night is all it was. We as individuals all have our bad days so why can't a forum every once in a blue moon. I think everyone is pretty much in the mood to forgive and forget. I think right now at this moment things are back to normal.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:39 pm

Let's hope so.

Sheesh, I'm a bat and I slept thru most of it.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:43 pm

It is not the forum it once was, there is absolutely no denying that, BUT it was also inevitable that it would change. It WOULD be different, just as it'll be different another two years from now.

At least I've kept up the rutabegas during welcoming posts. I haven't seen anyone else who's mentioned them lately in the way they were a forum in-joke. Almost none of those in-jokes survive now, new ones came and went and others will come. A quote (I forget by whom) - "There is nothing so constant as change".

As for the forum going downhill; in what way? The numbers of regular members has kept steady all these years. The names may change (and some remain) but the average has been the same. The quality of posts? That is subjective and I can't say much about it.

As for the furriness. Yes, it is more noticeable than before and despite Ozy and Millie being anthropomorphic it didn't seem to bring a lot of vocal (and typical) furries to the forum in the early years. I don't judge them on being furry. If you ignore (if you're like me that is) all the glomps and hugs in IRC they're all nice people and being furry isn't some weird detriment. And despite the "raven" in my name I am no furry.

I AM sad to see you go for good Ghostway, don't misunderstand. Apart from the Attic you gave one of the most reasoned voices around. After the Ruedii debacle when you took a break, your absence was noticed.
I cannot force you to stay. I wish you would and join in as before, but I see that can't be. I hope you have a great life on and off the internet from now.

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:57 pm

Change is inevitable; it's sad to see you go, GW...

Oh, and rutabegas are cool! Image
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:04 am

It's a shame to see you leave GhostWay, but I can understand. I kind of feel that way myself at times.

May life bring you nothing but good luck. :)
Made by Angela. :D

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:08 am

Farewell Ghostway. I have enjoyed your company here and in chat, and I know your part of this forum's liveliness will be missed by those of use blessed to enjoy it.

Holyman83
Location:A bluish sphere in space orbiting a star in the Milky Way

Postby Holyman83 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:52 am

:cry: now I cant get ghosty toastys any more :cry:
I'll Miss you Ghostway. be sure to take care of yourself.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:39 am

Sorry for ruining your forums.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:34 am

Bye Ghostway.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:10 am

That's exactly how I feel. Never really got to know you but seeya man

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:49 am

I severely dislike what Define Cynical becomes. You have the will to leave. :) bye man.

(nah, some of you guys may expect him to return but you know it's in vain.)
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Return to “Airport”