A moment to look back

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Muninn
Moderator (retired)
A moment to look back

Postby Muninn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:25 pm

So, Define Cynical, how about a moment of reflection? As the year draws to a close it also marks the end of our tumultous decade, the 00's. It's easier to judge with the distance of time but at this point how have the past 10 years treated you? Not necessarily as a part of here, just in general.

Merry Christmas, DC

Re: A moment to look back

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 pm

whoa, I hadn't even considered that this is the final month of the 00s.

All in all I would say the years have treated me well, I did a lot of growing (well duh, this decade comprised all of my [pre]teen years), for the better.

I wonder what percentage of my waking hours have been spent online, and then how those break down into the different websites like DC, facebook, C8, et cetera :huh:
Meh, shes a lesbian.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:26 pm

It's interesting to note that, as of next month, all of the original Mega Man games for the NES will have taken place in the past.

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Hmmm... well, the last ten years have been from when I was eight to now. I'd say the decade has been decent to me. It could've been way better. The middle was pretty gay to say the least. I was such a stupid kid :C I did a lot of growing up... at least mentally... I've practically been the same height for yeaaars. I've become a young (and really short) WOMAN now O:

The decade is ending pretty nicely in my opinion (Held a job for the past two years, have done really well in highschool, started dating an extraordinary guy, made a ton of new friends, and have started becoming more independent) and the next ten years seem like they're going to be pretty awesome :D Let's hope we actually live past 2013 though!

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:22 pm

It's interesting to note that, as of next month, all of the original Mega Man games for the NES will have taken place in the past.
Haha I've been waiting for something of the sort. I like how in some old cartoons it will have an episode thats supposed to be in the future with people wearing space suits and shooting lasers and it's like 2050 xD
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:18 am

2001: A Space Odyssey. Period.

Also, the last 10 years have been a decade of extremes for me. The good times were incredible, the bad times were absolutely horrible...but I definitely am going into the next decade a better person.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:28 am

It was an alright decade, I s'pose. I lost all my money, my virginity, and my sanity, but I had a helluva time doing it.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:28 am

It was an alright decade, I s'pose. I lost all my money, my virginity, and my sanity, but I had a helluva time doing it.
Actually... you know, this is an amazing summary for it all!
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:16 am

I went from masturbating three times a day to being engaged to somebody who will have sex with me. I would say that these ten years have been good

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

The '00s are pretty much the only decade I remember at all, having started when I was 7 years old. It's been pretty bad in places, and totally awesome in others - kind of average for a span of ten years, I imagine. Ending on a delightful high note - life is great right now. :)
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:07 am

Last ten years were pretty damn good, though not as good as the ten before that. It'll be downhill from here once I get into the workforce I rekkon. Eh, shit happens.
Burning Sheep Productions

Merry Christmas, DC

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:58 pm

having started when I was 7 years old.
wait what. I always thought Nick was older than me
Meh, shes a lesbian.

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Considering I don't remember all too much from before I was 6, the past 10 years have pretty much been my entire life that matters so far. So...good.
ImageImage

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:58 am

having started when I was 7 years old.
wait what. I always thought Nick was older than me
Same here. I was 9 when Y2K began.

Regardless, I'll always associate the 90's with the birth of the Internet, and the 00's with the shaping of its use. In this past decade, music sharing truly emerged, peaked, and was driven underground. Broadband Internet access became available to a wide portion of the world. It's the decade of Myspace, and subsequently Facebook and Twitter. This decade might be known as the one in which traditional print media fell to its knees, to be killed off for good later.

On a slightly less nerdy note, I can't believe it's been 8 years since the 9-11 bombing, and the fact that the conflict it started has yet to be resolved. Hell, I was in 6th grade at the time, and they refused to tell us what was going on or let us watch the television. Only when I got home did I realize just what had happened.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

klimt

Postby klimt » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:19 am

a lot happens between 12 and 22...

Return to “Anything”