Did DCS Steal My Money? (UPDATED 2/9/10)

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Did DCS steal Cougartiger's money?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Yes
71%
No
7%
Not sure
21%

Total votes: 14

cougartiger
Did DCS Steal My Money? (UPDATED 2/9/10)

Postby cougartiger » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Here's the short version. On my birthday (Aug 13th) last year, I e-mailed DCS with requests for a commission and some other stuff.

In November, I added some more stuff to the order. I gave DCS two payments totaling $350.

In December I received some stuff but since then, nothing.

I have e-mailed DCS once a month since then politely asking for the art I paid for. I have never received an answer.

In May, DCS apologized on her DA page. I sent another e-mail detailing what was missing. DCS wrote on DA that she got the e-mail and would be "pulling stuff".

Since then, nothing. I've sent more e-mails but again, they go unanswered. The last one had my address again so DCS really has no excuse.

Here's a complete list of what I ordered as copied from the last e-mail:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARTWORK RECEIVED TO DATE:

PRINTS:
Ronnie Meets Claire
Your Whiskers Are Tres Belle
Commission (Day Out On Pirate Ship)
Gift Art (Locke & Ms. Mudd holding paws.)

ARTWORK NOT RECEIVED:

O&M ORIGINALS:
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Monday, November 19, 2007 (Sold but I asked you to re-create it as I did not want a print and you said it would not be a problem)
THIS:

I also asked if you could do a finished version of it along with the original. Be no problem if you didn't.

PRINTS:
Drift With Me
Presenting Fifi
Fifi And Pepe
Isolde

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a year, I'm wondering if I'll ever get what I paid for. What do you guys think?
Last edited by cougartiger on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Assuming you paid with PayPal, file a complaint. they usually side with the buyer in disputes, especially if it's been this long.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Assuming you paid with PayPal, file a complaint. they usually side with the buyer in disputes, especially if it's been this long.
This.

It's quite pathetic of DCS to do this. You should continue complaining politely, but much more vocally. You paid for it so long ago, there's really no respectable reason that DCS hasn't complied yet.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:57 pm

I can imagine it being kind of hard to keep track of commissions, like which ones you have to do, which ones have been paid for, which ones you've done but are buried under papers on your desk, etc. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about DCS trying to steal your money. Or maybe that's just me because I assume everyone is at least as decent as me.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 pm

I can imagine it being kind of hard to keep track of commissions, like which ones you have to do, which ones have been paid for, which ones you've done but are buried under papers on your desk, etc. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about DCS trying to steal your money. Or maybe that's just me because I assume everyone is at least as decent as me.
Given that this is eight items about which she has been constantly pestered, it's hard to think that a reasonable explanation.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:20 pm

I should probably read entire posts before I post. Ignore me.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:09 am

that never stops ME from posting.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 am

I'm gonna give DCS a deadline and then do just that. I'll post on her DA page since I know she goes there at least several times a week.
It's quite pathetic of DCS to do this. You should continue complaining politely, but much more vocally. You paid for it so long ago, there's really no respectable reason that DCS hasn't complied yet.
Exactly. It's really puzzling as DCS was very quick with past orders and even gave me advice on drawing. Hell, she even liked my poem!
DCS has a history of this kinda thing.
As noted above, not with me. At least 4 or 5 times, she has accused her spam filter of "misfiring" as a reason she did not get my e-mails. Hell, if the spam filter is THAT defective, shouldn't you get it fixed?

I know DCS probably gets dozens of e-mails a day and it is very possible mine get lost in the shuffle on occasion but not every time.

Anyway, I'm gonna go post on her DA page and I guess we'll see what happens.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:41 am

You can tell a spam filture to not filture a certain email adress. She probably just hasn't gotten around to doing it and is using that as an excuse. Considering you are not only a fan but paying big bucks for this stuff I have to say this is just pathetic.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 am

You can tell a spam filture to not filture a certain email adress. She probably just hasn't gotten around to doing it and is using that as an excuse. Considering you are not only a fan but paying big bucks for this stuff I have to say this is just pathetic.
I told her in a couple of e-mails to filter my address but clearly she has not. I don't expect her to consider me a friend, but I was a pretty regular customer untill this. You think that would count for something.

I posted a stern but polite message on her DA page. I'm giving her untill October 9th then I'll file a complaint with PayPal.

Yeah, I made a mistake. I checked my e-mails and it was last October 9th that I made the last payment, not November. So, I'm giving her untill then to make good.

Hopefully this will end well.

Also, thanks for your support, everyone!
Now including artwork!

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:10 am

I get dozens of emails daily. That doesn't give me an excuse to ignore the people on Ebay I sell collectable cards to just because I don't feel like going to the post office.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:20 pm

I've got one thing to say on this:

BOOOOOERNS!

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:28 pm

I've had issues with DCS and attempting to buy art, though the breakdown happened before I could even get him his money. He wouldn't tell me where I needed to send it. After over a year of occasionally bugging him and poking him, I gave up.

If you get fed up with waiting and you have records of payment, could always file suit.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 pm

If you get fed up with waiting and you have records of payment, could always file suit.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you, Simpson.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:37 pm

I've had issues with DCS and attempting to buy art, though the breakdown happened before I could even get him his money. He wouldn't tell me where I needed to send it. After over a year of occasionally bugging him and poking him, I gave up.

I have all the original e-mails, including the PayPal receipts so filing a complaint with PP would not be a problem.

I'll give her the October 9th deadline as noted in the post I put on her DA account. Mostly because I would rather have the artwork but also because I really want to give DCS one more chance at making good on this.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you, Simpson.
This. Over the past couple of years, I've bought roughly 12 pieces of art from DCS. That includes originals, prints and commissions. You think I would rate highly on DCS' radar. Guess not.
Now including artwork!

Return to “Anything”