Did DCS Steal My Money? (UPDATED 2/9/10)

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Did DCS steal Cougartiger's money?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Yes
71%
No
7%
Not sure
21%

Total votes: 14

Jakkal
Re: Did DCS Steal My Money? (UPDATED 2/9/10)

Postby Jakkal » Sat May 01, 2010 9:10 pm

That's likely not at all the situation.
I was cynical :roll:

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sun May 02, 2010 9:44 am

He's all. OOH LOOK AT ME. I can throw away my money buying mediocre art. OOOH SO RICH. :SUNGLASSES:
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Sun May 02, 2010 10:50 am

:SUNGLASSES:
yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sun May 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Mon May 03, 2010 11:06 am

WOOP THERE IT IS.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon May 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Raise da roof?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed May 05, 2010 3:17 am

Actually, I am far from rich. I DO care about the amount of money I spent. I just can't see hiring a lawyer as that would likely cost me MORE than the artwork.

This can be resolved peacefully. DCS did give me most of it a few months ago. It's just two or three pieces left. I'll get them eventually.

At this point, I'm just like, "Whenever".
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 am

yeah? Our Idea of "sending the lawyer" is not what we expected to do first. It's far too expensive, BUT you never sent her a normal 1$(dunno the prices for letters) note, just to say "Hello, I am STILL waiting for my 3 last artworks and I am getting very angry about your ignorance and I am thinking of calling the layer, if you don't respond in the next few weeks." And some more text perhaps... just take action, if you care for your damn money (or if you don't, why did you post a thread in this forum in the first place?)

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed May 05, 2010 11:23 am

Give 'em the ol' Tanya Harding.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed May 05, 2010 3:16 pm

yeah? Our Idea of "sending the lawyer" is not what we expected to do first. It's far too expensive, BUT you never sent her a normal 1$(dunno the prices for letters) note, just to say "Hello, I am STILL waiting for my 3 last artworks and I am getting very angry about your ignorance and I am thinking of calling the layer, if you don't respond in the next few weeks." And some more text perhaps... just take action, if you care for your damn money (or if you don't, why did you post a thread in this forum in the first place?)
This is going to be my last post in this thread for now because I'm just repeating myself and I don't need two trolls telling me what I should be doing. I did in fact, tell DCS in an e-mail very early in the year that I was thinking of getting a lawyer but felt that wouldn't be necessary. This was met with resounding silence. I doubt DCS took it seriously. I wouldn't have.

BTW, I started this thread to get an OPINION. How I handle the situation is up to me. You don't have to like how I do things. No one is forcing you to agree with me on anything.

1---I don't have DCS's address anymore. I threw away the envelopes some time ago. So, I can't send her a snail mail even if I wanted to.

2---DCS could easily read the letter, get my stuff ready to mail, get distracted and forget all about it. Then we're back to square one.

3---DCS is very busy right now. Is that a good excuse? No, but is a good reason. Getting a comic strip in syndication is her dream so I'm sure that's taking priority over everything else. It would with me.

4---DCS isn't doing this on purpose. She'll get it to me eventually which is why I'm not worried.

5---DCS told me earlier this year she honestly thought she had mailed me everything already. I believe her as it was after the holidays, a very busy time for everyone. It happens.

6---Getting angry at this stage would be pointless. Besides, DCS might give me more free art! Yes, that sort of gesture goes a very long way with me.

Finally, when I get the items, I'll let everyone know. Yes, I care about the money I spent. But at this point, if you add in the extra art DCS threw in last time, the remaining pieces are coming for free. I WAS angry when I started this thread but DCS bought herself more time when she sent the last stuff a few months ago. She can take the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned though I'm sure it won't be that long.

I'll post again when I have some actual news.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Thu May 06, 2010 8:32 am

This is going to be my last post in this thread for now because I'm just repeating myself and I don't need two trolls telling me what I should be doing. I did in fact, tell DCS in an e-mail very early in the year that I was thinking of getting a lawyer but felt that wouldn't be necessary. This was met with resounding silence. I doubt DCS took it seriously. I wouldn't have.

BTW, I started this thread to get an OPINION. How I handle the situation is up to me. You don't have to like how I do things. No one is forcing you to agree with me on anything.

1---I don't have DCS's address anymore. I threw away the envelopes some time ago. So, I can't send her a snail mail even if I wanted to.

2---DCS could easily read the letter, get my stuff ready to mail, get distracted and forget all about it. Then we're back to square one.

3---DCS is very busy right now. Is that a good excuse? No, but is a good reason. Getting a comic strip in syndication is her dream so I'm sure that's taking priority over everything else. It would with me.

4---DCS isn't doing this on purpose. She'll get it to me eventually which is why I'm not worried.

5---DCS told me earlier this year she honestly thought she had mailed me everything already. I believe her as it was after the holidays, a very busy time for everyone. It happens.

6---Getting angry at this stage would be pointless. Besides, DCS might give me more free art! Yes, that sort of gesture goes a very long way with me.

Finally, when I get the items, I'll let everyone know. Yes, I care about the money I spent. But at this point, if you add in the extra art DCS threw in last time, the remaining pieces are coming for free. I WAS angry when I started this thread but DCS bought herself more time when she sent the last stuff a few months ago. She can take the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned though I'm sure it won't be that long.

I'll post again when I have some actual news.
Calling us Trolls, only because we say our opinion to you, is a bit hard, don't you think? I mean, I would do that (what I wrote before) so no trolling here...

to 1. Oh my... now I am going to be a bit harsh, but how stupid can you be, throwing away the onliest way to contact DCS personally? Answer: Quite a bit.

to 2. thats why you should sent her more than 1 letter in this time... then she will remember about it... (she doesn'T forget to breave, does she?)

to 3. Priority here, priority there. You paid her your hard earned money, only to hear god damn excuses?

to 4. Nah, she is not doing it on propose... perhaps she lost your address and is to shy to ask... right?

to 5. years before she honestly thought she is a man... or doing more O&M strips, or even RD ones... thinking is one thing, doing another...

to 6. Yeah, more free art, for sure. Santa will bring it to you... well it will be probably the time of the year, when you will get your art... if lucky... Perhaps this "free art" was mentioned as the missing ones. That's perhaps the reason, why she thought, she is a man... ehhh sent it all to you...

that is MY personal, not agressive oppinion about this whole situation...

peace out

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Thu May 06, 2010 5:53 pm

It's about time this story died anyway.

Return to “Anything”