iTunes sucks because they said so

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Muninn
Moderator (retired)
iTunes sucks because they said so

Postby Muninn » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:40 am

Yesterday there was a brief conversation between myself on one side and jent and Nickspoon on the other in the chat on why and how iTunes sucks.

They spouted out a bunch of terms and technical jargon about OGG and FLAC support as well as the program taking up too much space. All well and fine one would think.

Myself, I only responded with - does it play the music I have? Yes. End of story.

Although I guess I'm biased somewhat. I've never used the iTunes Store, I don't have any worries about running out of space even on my measly 30GB and I'm so used to listening to songs with inferior recording condition, making them have that 0.01 better sound quality by different programs/equipment means little to me.

It plays my music, I haven't had any problems, that's fine enough for me.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:41 am

I rather like iTunes.
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:46 am

But you're not supposed to. It doesn't have a bunch of meaningless trivialities the upwardly mobile and hip to the groove tech-head needs.

How can you call yourself a man of the times if you don't stuff more into less?

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:49 am

If I could have sex with iTunes, I wouldn't, but I'd make a good excuse.

klimt

Postby klimt » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:23 am

meh itunes, i don't like how it organizes ripped music, i dont like the interface.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:25 am

Never tried it, personally. I mostly use Winamp for music playing.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:30 am

I don't like how all the apple/quicktime programs are incorperated with everything else and whenever you want one little feature they make you install their whole OS and take over your computer with pointless processes that you never use.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:50 am

You do know you can get iTunes without installing the rest of OS X, right?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:18 am

^ lol

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 am

Never tried it, personally. I mostly use Winamp for music playing.
same here. I play music in Winamp 2. I only use iTunes for putting music on my iPod, because despite all the people who will now try to enlighten me about the 3rd party software I already know about, it's seriously simpler to just use iTunes for syncing. the same goes with any type of software that doesn't cost money but still has 3rd party replacements
(coincidentally, Ruedii-X always tries to convince me that I should use trillian/pidgin because you can use aim and gtalk at the same time, even though every time I explain that I don't use gtalk, only aim, and that aim 6 is fully compatible with aim 6, unlike 3rd party software)
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:42 am

macs aren't REAL computers

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:56 am

macs aren't REAL computers
this.

Also, I don't use itunes because I don't have an ipod. when I get an ipod, I'll still use Winamp Pro for music listening on the laptop and for ripping and burning, probably. itunes will be for uploading and syncing the ipod when I get it, and that's pretty much it.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:05 am

Heh heh, I had someone ask me, flat out, "Why on earth would you ever get an MP3 player that doesn't play OGG?" Um, because I don't have any songs in that format, maybe? Seriously, where do OGG files even come from? Chickons? The Oaster Bunny?

OK that was terrible; sorry.

Mostly I just hate that I can't make iTunes stop playing at the end of a song. Ever. There is literally no option for that. The same goes for the iPods themselves apparently, so... yeah. Probably never getting an iPod. But on the plus side, I don't have to click the Eject button and go rooting through my entire library every time I want to play something else. (And I know what you're going to say. Winamp's Music Library window always gives me grief: every time I double-click a song, it copies my entire library into the Playlist window for no reason.)

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:04 am

Howabout a real argument?

FORD>>>>>DODGE.

baloki
Staff

Postby baloki » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:42 am

I use Windows Media Player and own a Zune, I don't think I'm qualified to make an intelligent post on the subject?

Wiggle, wiggle. Yellow middle!

Do you believe in Lady Luck Now? Yeah Lady Bad Luck!

Return to “Anything”