Reasons why YOU'RE awesome.

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Now do me.
How bout' me?
Will get these done with tomorrow.
*takes out of context and uses for lame jokes and ineffective blackmail material for years to come*
Text would make my post redundant.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:47 pm

All of the sudden I find myself having to do a lot of these again!

Tai is awesome because:
-He listens to an analyzes my midis more than anyone ever. And he also converted them to mp3s! For this I lurrrvv him.
-He is on IRC more than anyone I bet. Yes this is a reason why he's AWESOME.
-He lives in California, and only cool people live in California. This is fact.
-He like Chinese food apparently and I like that stuff too. =(
-He is a writer like I aspire to be!
-One time he packed me in the trunk of his car. Experiences such as those are unforgettable.

Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Baloki is awesome because:
-He chose me as a judge on that Define Cynical Idol thing or whatever the hell that was. What was that all about, anyway?
-He spams more than anyone else on here and yet he's never considered a terrible human being!
-He has actually spent money in some way on this site before (if I recall correctly) and we need to be THANKFUL for this.
- SnowCat SnowCat SnowCat SnowCat SnowCoat.
-He actually uses the IRC! But yet I hardly ever see him on there! D:

Tom Flapwell is awesome because:
-He is a BAT. I don't think I need to say anything more.
-He has, to me, the most recognizable avatar at DC. It probably has a lot to do with the fact he hasn't changed it in forever.
-He is actually older than me (by a couple of years) and thus doesn't make me feel AS BAD about being 23 and on internet forums like this. 3:
-He always posts with a distinct voice of utmost frankness and... something else! I don't even know! I should just call it Flapwell-ness.

GamemasterAnthony is awesome because:
-He is the game MASTER. And I don't doubt this, either.
-He knows a hell of a lot about a diverse array of cartoon characters as such and me being a 23 year old who still watches cartoons, this means a lot to me!
-He lives in Minnesota, and I've always wanted to live in Minnesota. For some strange, strange reason.
-He has been around here for quite some time, yet has a low post count. D: Post moar!

DanTheMan is awesome because:
-He avatar is just badass. I mean, sometimes I've browsed DC while at school in the computer lab, and people next to me have looked over onto the screen, looked at his avatar, and say "wow, that's a badass avatar." Wow, indeed!
-He talks on the IRC which I appreciate muchly and he's always pretty friendly! \:D/
-He, too, lives in a southern climate, which I can sympathize with.
-He commended me for this topic. <3

Hyperion is awesome because:
-He has a Monty Python quote in his signature, and generally all people I know who quote Monty Python are usually good people, actually.
-His avatar is also badass. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons!
-He has (had) a brother who posted on here before, which means he gets recruitment points!
-He has actually PM'd me before asking where to put a certain topic. This shows courtesy and its something more members should practice!
-Post moar =D

Tarukai is awesome because:
-He went to a Nightwish concert once, if I recall correctly. I envy him for this.
-He also chats in the IRC, and he's one of the friendliest guys alive. I swear it.
-He has awesome soft looking long hair which not only do I kind of envy but I revel at. Oh, me and my fixation with long hair.
-He draws cute little arts stuff which I always thought was cute and makes me go SQUEEEE.
-He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.

Liz is awesome because:
-She is the only other active female member on here, which practically makes us SISTERS in the DC respect and this is cool! Pls stay D:
-She started the whole Marty Meme thing. That is pretty much one of the only memes DC has ever had, as well. This deserves some kudos.
-She is a greeaatt artist! I wish she drew more. In fact I should lurk her on Deviant Art.
-She comes into the chatroom despite *ahem* bad experiences, and she is loved by all!
-Overall she has a winning personality, which makes her a WINNER! \:D/

Vicious Reasoning is awesome because:
-He comes onto the IRC actually kind of a lot and he usually blends in well there. In fact, I think he should speak up moar because the things he says are usually cool.
-I honestly think if he posted moar he'd be one of the more popular members. There's something about his personality that makes me feel that way. So post moar!
-He has an avatar that makes me smile.
-I think we once AGREED on a few things before. But I forgot what these things were D:

Hraefn/Jack/Munnin/Jacob/Ravendawn is awesome because:
-He changes his nicks alot. \:D/
-He has drawn me at LEAST three times. Which takes great patience considering I'm kind of a bitch.
-He has a really sick mind when it all comes down to it. I LIKE sick minds. It's something I can relate to.
-He has a liking for psychedelic, surreal things, whether in art or text form. This is also something I relate to as well!
-He always puts up with me. Which is a nice accomplishment indeed.

Ghostly Gecko is awesome because:
-I don't think his avatar has changes once ever since he's been here. That takes some perseverance!
-He lives in LA which is the city I am going to visit in a couple of days! This makes him awesome just for that.
-I've always liked his little sigbanner thing.
-He probably has one of the most distinctive personalities of any person on this board. Kudos for that un!
-Cats cats cats cats cats.

Fritz (ogod) is awesome because:
-Somehow he has prompted me to write not one but two birthday fan fictions for him.
-He lives 30 minutes away from me and I have his address. >:D
-He is in marching band like I used to be. This is something. I guess.
-He has listened to my radio more than once on last.fm while I think I have only listened to his once. This is a debt. V_V
-He has been successful in not being banned from the boards yet. This is an almost breathtaking accomplishment!

Baconsticks is awesome because:
-He lives in Colorado, probably the coolest state in the whole country.
-He makes edits to Uncyclopedia which is a website that I get many laughs from.
-He has an AWESOME avatar. Like, really. Pink Floyd for the win. He has always had awesome avatars, too.
-For some reason he always smiles at me. Which I don't find creepy at all!
-His nick in and of itself makes me hungry sometimes. Baccoonn. D:

I think that about covers it for this round.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:00 pm

The impression I get from reading all those is that if I want to be even more awesome I should go on the IRC more. :grin:
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 pm

The impression I get from reading all those is that if I want to be even more awesome I should go on the IRC more. :grin:
Yes.

Also thanks angela luv u <3

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:21 pm

I keep forgetting to go to IRC because I then suddenly find something to do which takes up most of the day and i forget again.

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:25 am

omg thank you Arlo! =D
Tarukai is awesome because:
-He went to a Nightwish concert once, if I recall correctly. I envy him for this.
-He also chats in the IRC, and he's one of the friendliest guys alive. I swear it.
-He has awesome soft looking long hair which not only do I kind of envy but I revel at. Oh, me and my fixation with long hair.
-He draws cute little arts stuff which I always thought was cute and makes me go SQUEEEE.
-He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
I didn't know two of those (2 and 4), and am glad you like my arts and thank you for being so kind about my personality =), I knew you liked long hair which is awesome, yes I did go to Nightwish last year, and am going again this August most likely (Sonata Arctica will be there too! WOO!), and your last one made me feel like the Godfather, which is lul =3

tl;dr - thanks Arlo! <3
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:28 am

Hyperion is awesome because:
-He has a Monty Python quote in his signature, and generally all people I know who quote Monty Python are usually good people, actually.
-His avatar is also badass. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons!
-He has (had) a brother who posted on here before, which means he gets recruitment points!
-He has actually PM'd me before asking where to put a certain topic. This shows courtesy and its something more members should practice!
-Post moar =D
My responses in the same order: some people would disagree with you but I prefer to think so; yes, yes it is; He's the one who pointed this comic out, I just joined first; mostly I was just confused, but yes, I prefer to think of myself as (at least most of the time) courteous; I would, but I am just too naturally quiet to post a lot.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:50 am

-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
Angela, you have made my day. :D These are going in my sig. Everyone else should do the same. :)
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:33 am

Good idea. :D
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:29 am

Snap, I just realized Hyperion's av is an illustration from Cormyr.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

datherman

Postby datherman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:48 am

DanTheMan is awesome because:
-He avatar is just badass. I mean, sometimes I've browsed DC while at school in the computer lab, and people next to me have looked over onto the screen, looked at his avatar, and say "wow, that's a badass avatar." Wow, indeed!
-He talks on the IRC which I appreciate muchly and he's always pretty friendly! \:D/
-He, too, lives in a southern climate, which I can sympathize with.
-He commended me for this topic. <3
Indeed, Roman turned my crappy photo into an excellent art piece, which I'm quite happy about. The other comments are highly appreciated as well.

I'm still surprised how well this thread is going really.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:39 am

Man what is my sig anyway?

Edit: ...

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 am

Wow, I can't believe you did all of those. :shock:

That's insane, in the best way possible.

I don't even know where I'm stealing this banner from. >_>
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:47 am

Hraefn/Jack/Munnin/Jacob/Ravendawn is awesome because:
-He changes his nicks alot. \:D/
-He has drawn me at LEAST three times. Which takes great patience considering I'm kind of a bitch.
-He has a really sick mind when it all comes down to it. I LIKE sick minds. It's something I can relate to.
-He has a liking for psychedelic, surreal things, whether in art or text form. This is also something I relate to as well!
-He always puts up with me. Which is a nice accomplishment indeed.
Thanks, though I'm sure quite a few others have sicker minds than me. I guess I just happen to talk about it more than they.

Oh and you keep on commending people for putting up with you, even if you're a bitch, a lot. Maybe you're not as much as you think if so many people still find you likeable.

baloki
Staff

Postby baloki » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Lies, damn'd foul lies are being spread about me here, you'll rue this day young lady, RUE IT HARD!

Do you believe in Lady Luck Now? Yeah Lady Bad Luck!

Return to “Anything”