All To Do With Cherry Sours And Nothing To Do With You

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Arloest
Moderator (retired)
All To Do With Cherry Sours And Nothing To Do With You

Postby Arloest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:38 am

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Angela Welch, I am 23 years old and getting a Master's at Rice Univerisity. I also go by the screen name "Arloest", as you have already probably gathered. I started posting on the internet when I was 16 years old, in November of 2001, at a place called c8world, which is gone now. I became a moderator at c8world within the first 5 months or so, and was eventually promoted to administrator but was demoted back to a regular member within 3 days. This is probably because I edited everyone's posts and pants with all of the forum skins. I would consider it an injustice anyway.

I posted there for years. One day, a long haired user named Ian pointed out a webcomic named Ozy and Millie, sometime in October of 2003. The strip was in reruns at the time, but I liked it anyway. Sometime in November of 2003, I found this place and started lurking. I didn't actually join until January of 2004, where I was relatively anonymous, and remain relatively anonymous to this day. At least, so I am told.

I have occasionally ventured into other forums, such as Six Flags Houston, the Iron Maiden Forums, and Smosh, but this is my main forum, at least when c8world went dead. So here I am today. And I must say, all of the time I have spent not only at this board, but on the internet as a whole, has simply been a lead up to this post. Please enjoy it. Thanks.

Oh, and one more thing: I do not actually like the show Loonatics Unleashed. I simply like like the character of Rev Runner. Now we must go on.

MEHTUL. It pantsless rules. But I will usually only like it if it is 1.) Atmospheric 2.) Melodic. Thankfully, and contrary to popular belief, much of it is. Bands such as Agalloch, Anathema, Katatonia, Iron Maiden, Green Carnation, Nightwish, Angtoria, After Forever, Ayreon, Opeth, Xandria, Within Temptation, Nemesea, Elis, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Dark Tranquillity and Symphony X, as well as many others, have truly celebrated this concept. I will admit now that totally soulless, noisy MEHTUL bands such as Cannibal Corpse, Pig Destroyer, Waking the Cadaver and The Wiggles are absolute shit. Some MEHTUL DOES suck. Some MEHTUL IS the worst music ever. But that does not negate at all the good MEHTUL bands that exist. KEEP THIS IN MIND, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

I would now like to take this opportunity to declare my love for someone. There is a user here who is relatively new, at least in terms of how long I've been here, but there influence on me is no less significant. Dear Tai, you are truly an indispensable part of my life. I know I poke fun at you in general a lot, floodkicking you and all. But damn it Tai, you know I wouldn't do that to you if I didn't love you as much as I do. You know how women are - they'll pants with a guy they like until they are ready to go insane.

The truth is, the only reason I bother to stay around here is because of you. You have such a way of listening, however subtle, that no one else could ever emulate. You listen to my midis and you truly admire them, in a way very little people ever could. Your sense of humor is so warm and loving, and the crazy images you post just bring a smile to my face. I just wish... you were here. Not there, in California, thousands of miles away. I just wish you were close to me. I believe truly compatible souls should always be close to eachother. As Socrates once said, true best friends are one soul in two bodies. I believe that fits us well. Tai, just remember, however much I may annoy you at times, I still love you. :)

Just kidding, Tai. You're a douche.

Now, A Random Research Paper. (You don't have to read it.)

Painting a False Portrait
Portrait of a Killer; Case Closed

Patricia Cornwell’s Portrait of a Killer; Case Closed is very symbolic in its name, as it documents the life of an artist named Walter Sickert. Sickert thoroughly enjoyed the high-class life, which included attending theater productions, browsing art galleries and hosting dinner parties. It would be hard to believe that this well bred and smooth talking man would be the very soul responsible for the mutilations of five East-London prostitutes, which took place during the Whitechapel murders. However, Patricia Cornwell’s heavily researched book attempts to prove exactly that. The book is narrated from four basic standpoints; the details of the murders themselves, the conditions of East London back in the late 19th century, facts and details about Walter Sickert’s personal life, and evidence that attempts to intertwine these three aspects together to prove Sickert guilty. Throughout his childhood, Sickert supposedly displayed signs of behavior typical of psychopaths. He did not feel a shred of
sympathy towards others and he did not care about how his actions affected others as long as he had achieved what he wanted (Cornwell – 48), most likely
very similar to Jack the Ripper’s own profile, given his gruesome actions. Later in his life, as an artist, he would often paint gruesome scenes of women in gruesome situations; pictures shrouded with elements such a torture, murder and death; pictures that would invoke uneasiness into the viewer. These pictures were supposedly very reminiscent to the scenes of the Whitechapel murders themselves. Using these two facts about Sickert, Patricia Cornwell gathers a team of researchers to obtain any evidence they can against him. The evidence presented is, indeed, very persuasive to Cornwell’s assertions, but the absolute legitimacy of it all is rather questionable. There are many aspects of the history and facts that are manipulated in Cornwell’s favor. Key evidence presented by Cornwell, including DNA linking, physical and characteristic similarities between the Ripper letters (letters sent into Scotland Yard claiming to be from Jack the Ripper himself) and letters written by Walter Sickert, geographical information of Sickert’s whereabouts and ties between the Whitechapel murder scenes and Sickert’s artwork, are littered with factual errors that invalidate her entire case.

First, Patricia Cornwell attempts to use the most common method of profiling in modern science; DNA linking. Cornwell gathers fifty-five samples of Ripper and Sickert-related envelopes, but fails to find exact DNA matches. However, she finds mitochondria DNA similarities between the infamous Openshaw Ripper letter, three other ripper letters, an envelope from a Sickert

letter and a stamp from a Sickert letter (Cornwell – 163). However, these similarities are only good enough to eliminate ninety-nine percent of the population of the United Kingdom (Phelan – 1). Considering the vast number of people who lived in the metropolis during this time period (40 million) this does not prove very much, as 400, 000 others shared the same mtDNA sequence (Ryder – 3). Furthermore, the Openshaw letters, as well as the majority of the Ripper letters, have never been considered a legitimate source “by any serious author or researcherâ€
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:39 am

first post, will comment in a sec

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:44 am

Good LORD that's long. *starts reading, will finish in 3 hours*
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:54 am

Wow. Normally something like that'd be tl;dr, but instead you broke the physics of the internet.

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:57 am

I just read 6,342 words according to Word's "word count" feature.

*MIND ASPLODE*
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:59 am

If someone DOES tl;dr this please keep in mind that I made a shout out to as many people as humanly possible and if you skip over this you will probably miss your shout out.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:00 am

She *knoooooows*

D:

>.>

<.<

*edit*

also hai IRC

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 am

I was going to say tl;dr but the alternative was going outside in the cold to walk to school.

Arlo, your post was long and full of confusing words such as personal pronouns and definite articles. But the part where the secret agent backflipped through the exploding ring of inflamed lions, anybody who didn't read that part should be ashamed and then kicked. In the face.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 am

It seemed amazingly important for some reason , so I read all of it. Except for the Research Paper.

Also,

Q: WHAT IS CASTLE INFINITY?
A: An interactive computer game.

Q: HOW DO I GET IT?
A: Dress up as a hobo and beg for it in the streets.
"I need to get to Castle Infinity! Can anyone tell me how to get to Castle Infinity? It is of dire importance. I must get Castle Infinity!"
Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

simon
Site Founder

Re: All To Do With Cherry Sours And Nothing To Do With You

Postby simon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:09 am

[quote="Arloest"]Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Angela Welch, I am 23 years old and getting a Master's at Rice Univerisity. I also go by the screen name "Arloest", as you have already probably gathered. I started posting on the internet when I was 16 years old, in November of 2001, at a place called c8world, which is gone now. I became a moderator at c8world within the first 5 months or so, and was eventually promoted to administrator but was demoted back to a regular member within 3 days. This is probably because I edited everyone's posts and pants with all of the forum skins. I would consider it an injustice anyway.

I posted there for years. One day, a long haired user named Ian pointed out a webcomic named Ozy and Millie, sometime in October of 2003. The strip was in reruns at the time, but I liked it anyway. Sometime in November of 2003, I found this place and started lurking. I didn't actually join until January of 2004, where I was relatively anonymous, and remain relatively anonymous to this day. At least, so I am told.

I have occasionally ventured into other forums, such as Six Flags Houston, the Iron Maiden Forums, and Smosh, but this is my main forum, at least when c8world went dead. So here I am today. And I must say, all of the time I have spent not only at this board, but on the internet as a whole, has simply been a lead up to this post. Please enjoy it. Thanks.

Oh, and one more thing: I do not actually like the show Loonatics Unleashed. I simply like like the character of Rev Runner. Now we must go on.

MEHTUL. It pantsless rules. But I will usually only like it if it is 1.) Atmospheric 2.) Melodic. Thankfully, and contrary to popular belief, much of it is. Bands such as Agalloch, Anathema, Katatonia, Iron Maiden, Green Carnation, Nightwish, Angtoria, After Forever, Ayreon, Opeth, Xandria, Within Temptation, Nemesea, Elis, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Dark Tranquillity and Symphony X, as well as many others, have truly celebrated this concept. I will admit now that totally soulless, noisy MEHTUL bands such as Cannibal Corpse, Pig Destroyer, Waking the Cadaver and The Wiggles are absolute shit. Some MEHTUL DOES suck. Some MEHTUL IS the worst music ever. But that does not negate at all the good MEHTUL bands that exist. KEEP THIS IN MIND, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

I would now like to take this opportunity to declare my love for someone. There is a user here who is relatively new, at least in terms of how long I've been here, but there influence on me is no less significant. Dear Tai, you are truly an indispensable part of my life. I know I poke fun at you in general a lot, floodkicking you and all. But damn it Tai, you know I wouldn't do that to you if I didn't love you as much as I do. You know how women are - they'll pants with a guy they like until they are ready to go insane.

The truth is, the only reason I bother to stay around here is because of you. You have such a way of listening, however subtle, that no one else could ever emulate. You listen to my midis and you truly admire them, in a way very little people ever could. Your sense of humor is so warm and loving, and the crazy images you post just bring a smile to my face. I just wish... you were here. Not there, in California, thousands of miles away. I just wish you were close to me. I believe truly compatible souls should always be close to eachother. As Socrates once said, true best friends are one soul in two bodies. I believe that fits us well. Tai, just remember, however much I may annoy you at times, I still love you. :)

Just kidding, Tai. You're a douche.

Now, A Random Research Paper. (You don't have to read it.)

Painting a False Portrait
Portrait of a Killer; Case Closed

Patricia Cornwell’s Portrait of a Killer; Case Closed is very symbolic in its name, as it documents the life of an artist named Walter Sickert. Sickert thoroughly enjoyed the high-class life, which included attending theater productions, browsing art galleries and hosting dinner parties. It would be hard to believe that this well bred and smooth talking man would be the very soul responsible for the mutilations of five East-London prostitutes, which took place during the Whitechapel murders. However, Patricia Cornwell’s heavily researched book attempts to prove exactly that. The book is narrated from four basic standpoints; the details of the murders themselves, the conditions of East London back in the late 19th century, facts and details about Walter Sickert’s personal life, and evidence that attempts to intertwine these three aspects together to prove Sickert guilty. Throughout his childhood, Sickert supposedly displayed signs of behavior typical of psychopaths. He did not feel a shred of
sympathy towards others and he did not care about how his actions affected others as long as he had achieved what he wanted (Cornwell – 48), most likely
very similar to Jack the Ripper’s own profile, given his gruesome actions. Later in his life, as an artist, he would often paint gruesome scenes of women in gruesome situations; pictures shrouded with elements such a torture, murder and death; pictures that would invoke uneasiness into the viewer. These pictures were supposedly very reminiscent to the scenes of the Whitechapel murders themselves. Using these two facts about Sickert, Patricia Cornwell gathers a team of researchers to obtain any evidence they can against him. The evidence presented is, indeed, very persuasive to Cornwell’s assertions, but the absolute legitimacy of it all is rather questionable. There are many aspects of the history and facts that are manipulated in Cornwell’s favor. Key evidence presented by Cornwell, including DNA linking, physical and characteristic similarities between the Ripper letters (letters sent into Scotland Yard claiming to be from Jack the Ripper himself) and letters written by Walter Sickert, geographical information of Sickert’s whereabouts and ties between the Whitechapel murder scenes and Sickert’s artwork, are littered with factual errors that invalidate her entire case.

First, Patricia Cornwell attempts to use the most common method of profiling in modern science; DNA linking. Cornwell gathers fifty-five samples of Ripper and Sickert-related envelopes, but fails to find exact DNA matches. However, she finds mitochondria DNA similarities between the infamous Openshaw Ripper letter, three other ripper letters, an envelope from a Sickert

letter and a stamp from a Sickert letter (Cornwell – 163). However, these similarities are only good enough to eliminate ninety-nine percent of the population of the United Kingdom (Phelan – 1). Considering the vast number of people who lived in the metropolis during this time period (40 million) this does not prove very much, as 400, 000 others shared the same mtDNA sequence (Ryder – 3). Furthermore, the Openshaw letters, as well as the majority of the Ripper letters, have never been considered a legitimate source “by any serious author or researcherâ€

baloki
Staff

Postby baloki » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:21 am

baloki: Stop spamming goddamit.
Just because I'm getting to your level and your getting scared :p

Do you believe in Lady Luck Now? Yeah Lady Bad Luck!

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 am

*yerf*

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:28 am

Too short, didn't read.
Thither

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:36 am

Now that this thread has both what may be the forum's longest post and also what may be the forum's most pointless post (mine), this thread can die in peace, only to be necroed several weeks later by some dork with nothing better to do.

EDIT: I read the whole thing, by the way.
Also, I hate my slow internet connection. The time between my posts is how long it took for the page to load once after my first post. Also, I started loading a page before this one, and it's still loading. OMFG!
Last edited by KJ Fellie on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quoth the spotted fox: <b>*yerf*</b> :locke:
You usually
have to take what people say
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
mine, a shaker or two may
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス
If you miss my old sigs...

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 am

That post, it is a work of art. It speaks volumes, in that it is very long. It also must have taken you forever to write, so the fact that you even wrote it is very considerate of you.

I don't think my hair will ever return to its true pinkness.

Also I listen to INDIE and I am PROUD OF IT. So THERE.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Return to “Anything”