Computer Woes

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Holyman83
Location:A bluish sphere in space orbiting a star in the Milky Way

Postby Holyman83 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:49 am

ok here are some more ideas.

1. Open up you case and check the capacitors on the mother board. I do IT work at the Local school district and that is all too often the problem. The good thing is we normally just need to replace the bad capacitors and it will work fine.

2. Have you checked for Spyware? if not get Ad-aware and see if that help. when you check for Spyware do it in safe mode (To get into safe mode before the first XP loading screen comes up start pressing F8 )

3. Pull up task manager as soon as the computer is up and running and switch to Performance tab. watch the CPU usage and the Memory usage. try to see what it is at when it crashes and see if it is consistence there.

*4. At night unplug your computer and take it outside to the window of the room it was in. Once you have done that throw it into the room thought the window. After that either the next morning (first thing) or that night "dispose" of the said computer (some were other than were you fond it). finally report it stolen. The worst that could happen is that you go to prison....

* These suggestions is not to be done with out parental consent, permission from the insurance company, and written permission from the local police chief

Blue Blur

Postby Blue Blur » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:54 am

ok here are some more ideas.

1. Open up you case and check the capacitors on the mother board. I do IT work at the Local school district and that is all too often the problem. The good thing is we normally just need to replace the bad capacitors and it will work fine.

2. Have you checked for Spyware? if not get Ad-aware and see if that help. when you check for Spyware do it in safe mode (To get into safe mode before the first XP loading screen comes up start pressing F8 )

3. Pull up task manager as soon as the computer is up and running and switch to Performance tab. watch the CPU usage and the Memory usage. try to see what it is at when it crashes and see if it is consistence there.

*4. At night unplug your computer and take it outside to the window of the room it was in. Once you have done that throw it into the room thought the window. After that either the next morning (first thing) or that night "dispose" of the said computer (some were other than were you fond it). finally report it stolen. The worst that could happen is that you go to prison....

* These suggestions is not to be done with out parental consent, permission from the insurance company, and written permission from the local police chief
1) Haven't tried that. Shall do it at some point when my mom doesn't need the pc.

2) Done, and done many times with many programs. Nothing came back.

3) Already tried. Nothing consistent there. It's usually very low for both, in fact.

4) Tried that. Dumb thing doesn't die! It's possessed by a Demon! :P

*) Parental consent is not an issue, I made and own this thing. And nothing in this reply is meant to be serious if it doesn't follow a 1, 2, or 3.
I'm here, you just can't see me!

Triggerpoint is my not so new webcomic, and currently under heavy work before it resurfaces.

Return to “Anything”