Dilema #5

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:29 am

Jeez.. If I were selling drugs to give five grand to an 18-year old son, fears of him being in a motorcycle accident are the least of my problems!<br><br>hehe Joking aside, I'll have to make teh following assumptions:<br><br>If I were to have an 18-year old *younger* son, it would have to be quite a long time away, and a lot of things can happen between then and now. I canot say how having a son die will affect me; I don't have that life experience, but I am sure that if it was traumatic enough I would try to avoid being in such a position again.<br><br>I'll also have to assume I'm very well off and shallow to simply give out 5 grand, rather than giving him driving lessons or taking him out to the future world's Best Buy and letting him go nuts. And also that I'd have taught my son so poorly that he would have the same adventure seeking habits that got his brother killed. I'm sure I'd have at least taught him better safety and a bit more responsibility.<br><br>It was a lot to mull over, but I think I would do well enough to trust him on his bike purchase, given I trusted him enough to spend five grand in the first place.

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:30 am

As Ibon said, HYPOTHETICAL.<br>"You can think all you like but you might end up completely missing the obvious."<br><br>Anyways:<br>Option...........Us..............Them<br>Respect.........77.78%......51%<br>Forbid............22.22%......49%<br><br>I guess we're heaps more leeway.<br>Is that a good thing?

Ibon
Location:Someplace cold. And warm. And cold again. Oh look! Hail!

Postby Ibon » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:46 am

Ah, Mr. Castro! How has that embargo treated you my friend? What? No, no. I'm a little asthmatic. No cigars for me.
<i>"Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare <br>The truth thou hast, that all may share; <br>Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: <br>They only live who dare."</i><br><br><b>-- Voltaire</b>

erikbarrett

Postby erikbarrett » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:44 pm

Is it to late for me to be visiting these polls?<br><br>That aside, whatever happened to my first child isn't necessarily going to happen to the second one. Holding a child back because of your own insecurities isn't right. I'd make sure the second child is more prepared for riding a motorcycle, but other than that, I would restrict them.<br><br>PS. Why are they both sons? Would it really matter if either one is a daughter?<br>PSS. An 18 year old would mean conception at the age of... 6. And that's just the second one. I know I don't remember much from when I was six, but <i>man</i>...
Still mostly here.

Zylo

Postby Zylo » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:22 am

Maybe you did something really icky, like eat a bug.
123456doit

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:52 am

Ewww...<br>I don't even want to think about that for a real life situation.

Return to “Anything”