Help editing audio?

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Tum0spoo
Help editing audio?

Postby Tum0spoo » Thu May 31, 2007 1:51 pm

Alrighty, so last night was my junior year spring choir concert.
*bows*
It was excellent. Some of the songs we sang were especially meaningful to me. Some of the songs were...

The Rose
T'fila (in Hebrew)
For Good (Wicked)
Scarborough Fair
Poison Ivy
Opening Night (The Producers)
One Short Day (Wicked)

And several more.

I got recordings on my MP3 player's mic of most of the show, but I don't have any music editing software besides window's lame video editor.
So if anyone has the skills to edit some poorly taken audio clips please let me know!
plzthxbai. :3 <3
Last edited by Tum0spoo on Thu May 31, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Thu May 31, 2007 2:48 pm

I use GoldWave myself, which is shareware. Audacity is freeware, and open source.
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu May 31, 2007 3:21 pm

Mmm, "Scarborough Fare"!
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu May 31, 2007 4:24 pm

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu May 31, 2007 8:56 pm

Dude, I just graduated doing a Batcherlor of Science Degree (with honours) in Music Technology. If you want me to cut anything up and master it, just pm me and I'll see what I can do :wag:

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu May 31, 2007 8:58 pm

Audacity for-the-win.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Llewthepoet

Postby Llewthepoet » Thu May 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Dude, I just graduated doing a Batcherlor of Science Degree (with honours) in Music Technology. If you want me to cut anything up and master it, just pm me and I'll see what I can do :wag:
Congrats Rooster! :wag: See what staying in school can do! Now you will be rich!!! Jess, Isabel, and Reuben must be so proud!!!

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu May 31, 2007 10:02 pm

Congrats Rooster! :wag: See what staying can do! Now you will be rich!!! Jess, Isabel, and Reuben must be so proud!!!
Then why can I not find a job anywhere?

Also, Audacity is appauling...you need Adobe Audition or Steinberg Cubase if you want to master a file to any decent degree.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Thu May 31, 2007 11:06 pm

Which are expensive. And I tried a ripped Audition once. I ended up going back to shareware GoldWave cause at least that did what I needed it to.
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Thu May 31, 2007 11:47 pm

Mmm, "Scarborough Fare"!
Yeah. I didn't take the time to spell check that one. I didn't sing it, that was one of the other choirs.

There are 3 choirs and 2 ensembles for our music department.
Show Choir (dancing)
Girls Choir
Concert Choir (me)
Triple Trio
Vocal Jazz
ImageImage

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:04 am

I use Audition as well. I got it from my school, which is probably illegal, but oh well. I'm not too proficient in it yet, though moreso than all my classmates. :O

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:50 am

I use Audition as well. I got it from my school, which is probably illegal, but oh well. I'm not too proficient in it yet, though moreso than all my classmates. :O
Dude, every piece of software I own is "illigal"...I mean, christ, I don't have £800 for Photoshop...

Svix

Postby Svix » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:15 pm

Ditto, do they really expect artistic types to have cash to burn for these pieces of software?

jent
Staff

Postby jent » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:57 pm

Audacity is freeware, and open source.
NO! NO! NO!

Audacity is not "freeware"....it is "free software", and you have to keep in mind that I am using free as in freedom, not beer. (although in this case it is both). GPL'ed software is not freeware.

Still audacity FTW....that is what I use for my podcast and shit.
cheers.....
<center>Image</center>

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:42 pm

Dude, every piece of software I own is "illigal"...I mean, christ, I don't have £800 for Photoshop...
Yeah. I stole Photoshop too. D:

Return to “Anything”