Help with aviation, aircrafts and such stuff

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

IHateUsernames

Postby IHateUsernames » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:10 pm

We ahve to do a project in school. As a subject I chose aviation. Through some strange and twisted path, my subject changed to "Aircraft's ecological, economical and time saving effect on our society" or somesuch nonsense.<br><br>If anybody knows anything about this subject, won't you please post it?<br><br>I spent 5 hour looking for information on my subject and found 10 pages, but I really could use your help.
Est Sularus Oth Mithas<br>Yu ckoup Uryuomoco<br>Do not tempt fate.....unless you have insurance.<br><a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/cyunem/' target='_blank'>Resistance is futile, you will be bored.</a><br><!--QuoteBegin-Millie+Aug 13 2001--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Millie @ Aug 13 2001)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->MOMMM, Jeremy made <b>defaming remarks about meee.</b> I've prepared a brief. <b>Sue him for mental anguiiish!</b><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Zylo

Postby Zylo » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:41 pm

Uhh...ask 5hfifty, he's into planes.
123456doit

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:01 pm

hey, they don't go over land, that's good for ecology, they get over water quicker than going on the water, that's more efficient. now build on those two things.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:29 pm

Hmmm, well I'm into planes but not what they do to the ecology and such. So...<br><br>Ecologically, the current passenger aircraft are pretty dirty and loud. Engine waste has been known to fall from aircraft and create a mess. There are already cleaner alternatives delevoping, but thy wont be here for ages. I really know nothing about ecology so that's all I can say.<br><br>Economically, aircraft are expensive to buy and maintain, but the income is usually greater. Airlines create jobs, and that helps, but major crashes can hurt the economy (as we've seen). Also, one crash can drive a whole type of aircraft out of the air, as we've seen with the Concorde. That's a ton of jobs gone all around the world.<br><br>Time saving. Well, planes nowdays save a HUGE ammount of time, even compared to what passengers planes what were like 50 years ago. 100 years ago (powered flight has just celebrated it's 100th annerversary, by the way), people would never have dreamed of travelling anywhere in the world in less than a day. All they had were ships. And aircraft are only getting faster.<br><br>I very much hope that helped. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so if that seems like a load of nonsense just tell me. :P I'm into aircraft, not on their effects on socioeconomologitegic bioligy. I even had to look up the dictionary for ecology because I wasn't sure of the definition!

IHateUsernames

Postby IHateUsernames » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:34 pm

I totally forgot the concorde.<br><br>You're going in my source list for that.
Est Sularus Oth Mithas<br>Yu ckoup Uryuomoco<br>Do not tempt fate.....unless you have insurance.<br><a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/cyunem/' target='_blank'>Resistance is futile, you will be bored.</a><br><!--QuoteBegin-Millie+Aug 13 2001--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Millie @ Aug 13 2001)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->MOMMM, Jeremy made <b>defaming remarks about meee.</b> I've prepared a brief. <b>Sue him for mental anguiiish!</b><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:42 pm

I read about a study on the effects of the wake of airline traffic on weather patterns performed with data taken shortly after the collapse of the twin towers. Because all air traffic was grounded at that time, scientists were able to use that weather information as a baseline to see how much our air traffic is affecting climate. I'll be looking for that issue of Discover and try to trace it back to the original study, but if you want to do that yourself, I think it was in the September 2002 issue, a year after the famous tragedy.

IHateUsernames

Postby IHateUsernames » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:52 pm

I'll see if I can find it. (Finally, knowing somebody working in a university pays off)<br><br>Thanks

Elscire

Postby Elscire » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-5hfifty+Jan 19 2004, 11:29 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (5hfifty @ Jan 19 2004, 11:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> one crash can drive a whole type of aircraft out of the air, as we've seen with the Concorde. That's a ton of jobs gone all around the world. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br>Well, it did return to flight after that.<br><br>And I think that it was possibly still the statistically safest passenger airliner in history. Shame it had to go.<br><br>Mach 2.2, that's just excellent, and it looked rather nice too =)
Supreme Parallel Pyjama Semi-Sequoia Surrealist Dohickey Elscire (the First)ImageHow rare!

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:00 pm

O-o Planes r cool

Return to “Anything”