The comic effect

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:04 am

Anyone noticed that comics can affect how you think?<br>Like, after I read the entire archives in one go I can't help but think in the way Ozy and Millie think.<br>And after I read a bunch of Badly Drawn Kitties I think in their kind of thinking (NOT what they think about!! Their style of thinking, gawd).<br><br>And yes there <i>is</i> a reason why I didn't link to BDK.

Lindentree

Postby Lindentree » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:25 am

I know what you mean. Ozy and Millie especially... reading too much at one time can prove detrimental to my thinking processes, and I start to scare myself (makes conversations with people who have no idea the comic even exists fun though)
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Times'><b>Arch Transverse Courgette Crypto-Hippopotamus Foxy Thingamajig Linden the 11th</b></span></span><br><br>

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:22 am

When I was younger comics affected how I acted. Namely Calvin & Hobbes...

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:26 am

thats not a bad thing though... well.... unless, actually that could get very bad. did you have your own noodle catastrophy at any point?
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:41 am

The noodles....they haunt me!

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:02 pm

Noodles??<br>What!?

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:09 pm

I Have NO IDEA what YOU are TALKING ABOUT!!! There was no way you could have known about the noodles. i mean... no idea, none whatsoever!<br>
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:11 pm

I think I've heard of it somewhere but I might be thinking of The Wiggles or maybe one of their songs.

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:21 pm

it was the "noodle incident" something that happened to calvin at school that the author never showed us what happened, just that it did...<br><br>but I still don't know what you're talking about! I was nowhere near those noodles!
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Elscire

Postby Elscire » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:19 pm

I don't know about the noodle incident, but I do know that O&M changes the way I think.<br><br>Actually, i'm not sure that it does, it just gives me additional lines to think <i><b>along</i></b>, which is interesting.
Supreme Parallel Pyjama Semi-Sequoia Surrealist Dohickey Elscire (the First)ImageHow rare!

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:22 pm

I miss C&H. That was one of the best comics I ever read... (Though O&M definately lands in the top 10... possibly the top 5!)
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

Zylo

Postby Zylo » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:34 pm

O&M and C&H, I think, are very similar, and both are awesome. Far Side was great, too. Sadly, they are gone, and I'm regulated to reading 'The Bookdocks' and 'The Wizard of Id' in the paper. Ick. I do like 'Foxtrot' sometimes, though, and 'Non-sequiter' is good, too.
123456doit

Elscire

Postby Elscire » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:24 pm

*pulls out the Farside Gallery 4 from the bookcase to his left*<br><br>Why yes, it is good =)
Supreme Parallel Pyjama Semi-Sequoia Surrealist Dohickey Elscire (the First)ImageHow rare!

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:21 pm

Yes<br><br><br><br><br>Pours mountain dew on carpet*

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:23 am

No no, you're supposed to pour it on your keyboard.

Return to “Anything”