What y'all look like

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

MuffinSticks
Re: What y'all look like

Postby MuffinSticks » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:31 pm

Segovia, you're right. I cannot confine my gifted creepiness to one website. I must SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD!
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:36 pm

I don't know if it's my monitor or what, but all I can read in that pic is "Oh dear; I've ma"
Either your monitor is terrible or it's not configured properly. Just curious, what model is it?

For testing and calibration this page is helpful:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/all_tests.php#black
It's a piece of crap Dell monitor which is not even a flat screen monitor. I got it from work for free as they were getting rid of it but it was larger than my monitor at the time. I'm at work now, and can see the text just fine.

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:50 am

I don't know if it's my monitor or what, but all I can read in that pic is "Oh dear; I've ma"
Either your monitor is terrible or it's not configured properly. Just curious, what model is it?

For testing and calibration this page is helpful:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/all_tests.php#black
It's a piece of crap Dell monitor which is not even a flat screen monitor. I got it from work for free as they were getting rid of it but it was larger than my monitor at the time. I'm at work now, and can see the text just fine.
www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com
www.ncixus.com
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:10 am

Osprey makes a good point. If one spends any considerable length of time a day on the computer, then it is worth investing in a good monitor. A monitor is such an integral part of the user experience, and yet most people take it for granted. People invest so much money in expensive equipment so that they can push out another 2x antialiasing when they play games, but what does it matter when none of your colours are coming out right? I agree completely, but one thing I think Osprey fails to mention in his post is that, with the consumer market being driven by demand, we see less products that are tailored toward having a quality picture. When it comes down to it, the single greatest concern for consumers (read: the uneducated masses) is having a screen that is large diagonally and at the same time doesn't take up much desk space, as well as, of course, having a small price tag. You can probably imagine that this sort of consumption pattern does not exactly act as the catalyst for producing high quality displays. And that is what we see in the marketplace. The overwhelming majority of displays today are LCDs built with TN panels, a technology notorious for it's poor viewing angle and colour shifting, as Muffy pointed out earlier. This marks a big step backwards since the heyday of CRTs, when a sharp, colour-accurate picture was affordable for the typical computer user. So, while I think this is something we are going to have to ride out until the next big advent in computer displays, you might like to know that you can still get a decent picture if you're willing to fork out enough money for it. IPS based LCDs probably have the most accurate colour reproduction of the flat-screen technologies currently available, but you'll be lucky if you can find one for less than US$600. PVA is probably your best choice, as it's generally more affordable but still pretty close to IPS as far as quality. If you're considering a monitor but don't know what the panel type is because it isn't listed, you can be sure that it is TN, because that is the technology everyone is ashamed to use. You can also be sure that all the monitors you find in a chain retail store use TN panels because I've never seen the panel type listed on any monitor in a chain retail store before :). Personally, I'm waiting for either the price on IPS and PVA to come down or for the next major display technology, whichever comes first. For now I'm staying put. I bought a used NEC 21" CRT earlier this year, and the colour is phenomenal.

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 am

Bless you.
Burning Sheep Productions

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:10 am

More MFF silliness. We were entertaining ourselves in the dance room 'cause the rave itself wasn't doing anything for us.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Mattes

Postby Mattes » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 am

Dan you are weird ^^
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Like a heard of bloody swine who refuse to leave the trough
You'll get no more this evening so you bastards bugger off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtLbwjKhOg

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Hah what a fun time we had.

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Osprey makes a good point. If one spends any considerable length of time a day on the computer, then it is worth investing in a good monitor. A monitor is such an integral part of the user experience, and yet most people take it for granted. People invest so much money in expensive equipment so that they can push out another 2x antialiasing when they play games, but what does it matter when none of your colours are coming out right? I agree completely, but one thing I think Osprey fails to mention in his post is that, with the consumer market being driven by demand, we see less products that are tailored toward having a quality picture. When it comes down to it, the single greatest concern for consumers (read: the uneducated masses) is having a screen that is large diagonally and at the same time doesn't take up much desk space, as well as, of course, having a small price tag. You can probably imagine that this sort of consumption pattern does not exactly act as the catalyst for producing high quality displays. And that is what we see in the marketplace. The overwhelming majority of displays today are LCDs built with TN panels, a technology notorious for it's poor viewing angle and colour shifting, as Muffy pointed out earlier. This marks a big step backwards since the heyday of CRTs, when a sharp, colour-accurate picture was affordable for the typical computer user. So, while I think this is something we are going to have to ride out until the next big advent in computer displays, you might like to know that you can still get a decent picture if you're willing to fork out enough money for it. IPS based LCDs probably have the most accurate colour reproduction of the flat-screen technologies currently available, but you'll be lucky if you can find one for less than US$600. PVA is probably your best choice, as it's generally more affordable but still pretty close to IPS as far as quality. If you're considering a monitor but don't know what the panel type is because it isn't listed, you can be sure that it is TN, because that is the technology everyone is ashamed to use. You can also be sure that all the monitors you find in a chain retail store use TN panels because I've never seen the panel type listed on any monitor in a chain retail store before :). Personally, I'm waiting for either the price on IPS and PVA to come down or for the next major display technology, whichever comes first. For now I'm staying put. I bought a used NEC 21" CRT earlier this year, and the colour is phenomenal.
See, I betcha Doc couldn't have read all that on one screen.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:35 am

he could have read it in one screen, but he would have had to turn the contrast and brightness to 0
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 pm

I could have read it, but it was really long so I didn't.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 pm

I began reading, and then about 3/5 of the way through I was surprised to notice that I had jogged through it like it was a picture book.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Me last weekend webcamming with Jason with my dad's awesome webcam o: This was a screen shot Jason took and I really liked it so I wanted to share c: The guy in the background is my step brother, Henry.

Edit: Also, Muffy, you totally forgot to photoshop blood on your stabbing tool.
Last edited by Liz on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Merry Christmas, DC

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Edit: Also, Muffy, you forgot to photoshop out the blood on your tool.
T.M.I.

also: liz, you need to put that picture in your public folder or something, it's not showing up.
Meh, shes a lesbian.

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 pm

CAN YOU SEE IT NOW? O:

Return to “Anything”