Happy New Year

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:52 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Tavis+Jan 5 2004, 01:26 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Tavis @ Jan 5 2004, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Great.. maybe you can tell me a couple things I might have missed in securing my laptop. I've been (still am) running Win98 on this desktop and so my security knowledge on the WinXP wireless-ready laptop is limited to NortonAV, Windows updates, and whatever else I stumble upon as a possible leak. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> A firewall would be a good idea, I would say. You have NortonAV, they also make a firewall (Norton Personal Firewall, IIRC). There are also free ones available. ZoneAlarm from ZoneLabs is what I have and it seems to work pretty well.<br>
Made by Angela. :D

Elscire

Postby Elscire » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:30 am

Yup, I use Zone alarm (free version) and it serves my needs fine, plus I find that having compared it to other firewalls coming as bundled packages (ie norton, with virus scanning, pop up killing also etc) it actually gives you much more choice about your configuration.<br>
Supreme Parallel Pyjama Semi-Sequoia Surrealist Dohickey Elscire (the First)ImageHow rare!

Return to “Anything”