The Second Life discussion Thread!

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Sakie
The Second Life discussion Thread!

Postby Sakie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:42 pm

Okay, I Have not been in DC forever, now I am comming back ya'll. Well anyways I was wondering there seems to be alot of threads concerning The Game "Second Life" And was thinking "there should be a offical thread to discuss it" and here it is and if you play it would be good if you could get in you SL name, there was a list in the first thread of Second life when I introduced it to DC but it seems to have vanished. Anyway lets talk about Second life!

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:40 am

ahhhhh omfg nooooo it returns...

RETUUUUURRNNNNSSSSS...

:-P I'm just a little sore because this is like the fifth SL thread and I still don't have the requirements to play the game
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Moddex

Postby Moddex » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:18 am

You know what you do? Don't try to make a teen SL account. You try making a regular account so you can bypass the proof of athority BS in the registering. I did it and now I have an SL name called Fox Kukichiyo. >^.^< The SL game over all is really innovative, but it has seriously critical problems with functions. It's pretty fun for an experimental game.
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens For You Shall Be As Gods And Suffer A Far Greater Fate

gen200

Postby gen200 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:20 am

Second Life?

yeah, I played it.

once.

It was a good idea, but I really didn't like how it was presented.

:shock: the vehicle system scarred me for life.
Procrastinators unite! (tomorrow...)

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:51 am

no Mod I mean that my computer is a peice of crap. I lack the ram and graphics card.
pants jesus

Moddex

Postby Moddex » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:18 am

no Mod I mean that my computer is a peice of crap. I lack the ram and graphics card.
Oh, I see. Well, even my computer has a hard time with the program. You'll have to have a pretty darn good computer before trying to run that game and have a lot of Virtual Memory for it.
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens For You Shall Be As Gods And Suffer A Far Greater Fate

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:52 am

no, I do not have a compatable graphics card
pants jesus

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:18 pm

no, I do not have a compatable graphics card
That, Will also screw ya.

Tried Teen SL, Didn't like it that much. Couldn't figure out how to make a fursuit anyway. (And I did look on the SL forums to find out, as well as the TSL forums [TSL name=Foxxen Till])

And I'm a little fearful to try and get SL general version, for many reasons.
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:05 pm

You try making a regular account so you can bypass the proof of athority BS in the registering. I did it and now I have an SL name called Fox Kukichiyo. >^.^<
The irony being that in Seven Samurai, the plainly adult "Kikuchiyo" presented a document claiming he was 13 years old.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:21 pm

Tried Teen SL, Didn't like it that much. Couldn't figure out how to make a fursuit anyway.
You pretty much have to buy them. Funny story -- during the very brief time I was able to use SL, I went to buy a tiger avatar, and when I got it I clicked "Wear" ... and ended up wearing the box on my head. I had to "Open" the box first to get the actual avatar out. Fricking literalists. :P

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:27 pm

Tried Teen SL, Didn't like it that much. Couldn't figure out how to make a fursuit anyway.
You pretty much have to buy them.
Which is another thing that bugs me -_-
Funny story -- during the very brief time I was able to use SL, I went to buy a tiger avatar, and when I got it I clicked "Wear" ... and ended up wearing the box on my head. I had to "Open" the box first to get the actual avatar out. Fricking literalists. :P
I Walked around with a moterbike on my head for hours before I figured out how to use it. beat that, cause as shown by Takemayas av, there are people who where boxes real life.
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:29 pm

I lack the ram
But look at your avatar! :laugh:

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:08 pm

I played it for about an hour and got bored. It's a lot like life in that way :wag:

Sakie

Postby Sakie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:20 pm

Woah 5 threds? sorry I was not here but I mean, don't try teen Sl it sucks and, yeah when you first play it gets boring but when you get some cash and a cool av it gets fun, you just got to give it some time.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:07 pm

Come to think of it, I've probably gotten a buttload of Lindens from the "weekly allowance" in the eight months or so since I played it. I wonder if they cut you off if you stop logging in.

Return to “Anything”