Bloody ignorant.... (rant)

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Tum0spoo
Bloody ignorant.... (rant)

Postby Tum0spoo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:08 am

Freaking stupid kids.
Vandalize my house.
Pick stuff from my garbage.
Make cruel jokes.
It's BULL5hi7!
http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 002ry6.jpg
^This is what they did. They pulled it out of my trash and put it on my porch.
They egged my house and cheeze-wized our van.
We called the police tonight.

</rant>

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:17 am

I did it!

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:18 am

I did it!
Not helping.
►.◄

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:26 am

Idiots are everywhere. Is it possible it was a targeted attack, or just random? I've had my house egged before...once, a cop was just up the street and arrested them.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:34 am

Idiots are everywhere. Is it possible it was a targeted attack, or just random? I've had my house egged before...once, a cop was just up the street and arrested them.
This has been going on for years.
But as they get older the vandalism gets worse.

Ranma-chan

Postby Ranma-chan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:34 am

man that sucks. i have been picked on but never had anything vandilized. wow. do you want a shotgun?
http://foxton.babby-snowfox.ca/forums/ my forum
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
ARMADILLO! ARMADILLO! THE CHEESE FROM ZIMBABWE HAS LUGUBRIOUSLY FLATTENED MY POPCORN!
Image the best place for mp3's, mangas, and more
http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Ranma-chan
http://kevan.org/johari?name=Ranma-chan

Blue Blur

Postby Blue Blur » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:46 am

No, that would not be safe for...

*Ahem* Just make sure he's a bad shot first. :wink:
I'm here, you just can't see me!

Triggerpoint is my not so new webcomic, and currently under heavy work before it resurfaces.

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:48 am

install a security camera (with night vision) and when they come, bring the tape to the police.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Moddex

Postby Moddex » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:03 am

Or otherwise, craft several hand made weapons and beat the living crap out of them until you pass out. :x That's what I do...
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens For You Shall Be As Gods And Suffer A Far Greater Fate

Ranma-chan

Postby Ranma-chan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:17 am

Or otherwise, craft several hand made weapons and beat the living crap out of them until you pass out. :x That's what I do...
atleast a shotgun can be used just to blow their leg off and watch them crawl away in pain!

if you beat them till you pass out they will be long dead by the time you pass out right?
http://foxton.babby-snowfox.ca/forums/ my forum
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
ARMADILLO! ARMADILLO! THE CHEESE FROM ZIMBABWE HAS LUGUBRIOUSLY FLATTENED MY POPCORN!
Image the best place for mp3's, mangas, and more
http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Ranma-chan
http://kevan.org/johari?name=Ranma-chan

DesertFoxCat

Postby DesertFoxCat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:38 am

Hmmm... :?

Well, if your police department has a website, you can probably E-mail them about what to do.

Moddex

Postby Moddex » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:42 am

That's the formal idea. Beat 'em dead and keep beating them till ya can't move anymore. *Cracks a baseball bat across a fence post*

I can't stand haters like that who deliberately try to ruin someone's peace with something like that.
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens For You Shall Be As Gods And Suffer A Far Greater Fate

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:22 pm

Obviously these kids are choosing your house for a reason, instead of other houses. Maybe you react the most "funny" to them when you spot and try to catch them. Maybe your house is an easy target for some reason (no 10 cent security sticker in your window, etc). It's possible you change these factors to convince them to leave you alone, although by now it might be their tradition to attack YOUR house.

If they attack on a regular schedule you might be able to anticipate them, pretend you're not home, watch out for them, call the police if you spot them trespassing. If you explain what's been happening you might be able to make arrangements for plainclothes officers in an unmarked car to show up instead of an obvious one that will just cause them to run.

Some limited video surveillance would be very useful in getting these guys arrested. Even without pressing charges this will likely convince them to go bug someone else.

And of course the very presence of a camera might encourage them to try an easier target.

But confer with a lawyer before doing anything in this regard. In some places it's illegal to make audio recordings of people without their awareness and permission, even if they're on your property. Some dude is getting sued by law enforcement because he kept a video camera trained on his porch and he tried to present evidence of a police officer harassing him. Not a pretty turnaround.

Or you could just rig jack-in-the-boxes in some of your trash cans... :ninja:

But seriously... they're treating this like a game, and it sounds like you're trying to get the police to fight for you, and not really doing much yourself. You gotta stop skipping your turn and make your move. :) If you're inventive enough you can even make it fun... but as I said before... keep it legal, or else you'll get in more trouble than those kids have been giving you.

Another strategy that occurred to me is probably going to be the most effective. If you can figure out who they are, and contact their parents, assuming their parents aren't from the "the government should babysit our kids for us!" group, it should be fairly easy to put a stop to it from there. The real problem might be identifying them once you have pictures (you can, as I suggested before, pretend you're not home and hide with a camera, though the legality of this would need to be verified). The police might be able to help in this respect, as it's possible they know those kids all-too-well. Otherwise you can always yell to the kids next time you see them that you're going to post their pictures all over the city/town with offending captions. Of course, you don't need to actually DO this (and it IS likely illegal anyways).

Those are just some of my ideas, feel free to be inventive, but again, I'm no lawyer, so tread carefully. :)

On second thought, probably the best thing to do without worrying about legal hot water is to ask the police for advice on what you should do.

Holyman83
Location:A bluish sphere in space orbiting a star in the Milky Way

Postby Holyman83 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:21 am

You could set up motion sensors in the yard for when they come back, then get a camera or a camcorder and get some evidence of them. Then put some fire crackers is a pan and use a bright flash the scare the heck out of them. :) Well the last part might be illegal but it would be some much fun!

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:58 am

The worst of it is, I know these people. Personally. They pretend to be my friends, even though I know it, I'm to forgiving...
ImageImage

Return to “Anything”