The Inheritance Series

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Tum0spoo
The Inheritance Series

Postby Tum0spoo » Sat May 20, 2006 11:20 pm

I wonder how many have heard of this book. As far as I know I'm the only person in my hometown who has it. I picked it up a year or two ago and never read it all the way through. The other day I picked it up and i'm now hooked on it. I'm about halfway through and I decided to look up the website. Http://Alagaesia.com
I soon found out that there is a movie coming out in december and a game planned for Xbox360, PSP, DS, and GBA. I can't wait to find out more. In the meantime, I'm ordering the second book and finishing the first. If you have some spare cash (like i'm sure you do... :roll: ) I suggest looking up on it. I'm off to read the rest! tata!

EDIT:
Some of his favorite books were Bruce Colville's Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher, Frank Herbert's Dune, Raymond E. Feist's Magician, and Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials,
zomg I'm sure i've mentioned that book somewhere else before... =^.^= I'm liking this author more and more!
Last edited by Tum0spoo on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 am

I've seen the first book around my school alot, but I've seriously never seen anybody actually read the second or third book. I don't think it's that they don't like it, I think it's just that they're just stupid. I like fantasy, but I'm really more into old mythological fantasy than the new stuff they make. Harry Potter and what not. Like I once said,
William Shakespeare could make J.K. Rowling eat out of her own [butt], and he's 400 years dead.
Now, I know it's not by her but new fantasy just has a different feel, the plot is weird and most of it is made for kids to comprehend, which I don't like.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Sun May 21, 2006 3:11 am

I've seen the first book around my school alot, but I've seriously never seen anybody actually read the second or third book. I don't think it's that they don't like it, I think it's just that they're just stupid. I like fantasy, but I'm really more into old mythological fantasy than the new stuff they make. Harry Potter and what not. Like I once said,
Well, the third book is not out yet. The first two are Eragon and Eldest.
This pretty much is a really good fantasy novel. Unlike Potter, it is very tragic. Not a much humor, but bloody fighing and magic that is difficult to use, not just a simple spell that kills you. In this series, magic is limited to the user's own stength. When used, it feeds from your power and if you use too much, it will kill you. Inheritance is more related to the LotR books than HP. When people die in the HP books, it's not nearly as tragic.
ImageImage

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:43 pm

Well, the third book is not out yet. The first two are Eragon and Eldest.
This pretty much is a really good fantasy novel. Unlike Potter, it is very tragic. Not a much humor, but bloody fighing and magic that is difficult to use, not just a simple spell that kills you. In this series, magic is limited to the user's own stength. When used, it feeds from your power and if you use too much, it will kill you. Inheritance is more related to the LotR books than HP. When people die in the HP books, it's not nearly as tragic.
You don't call Dumbldore dying in Book 7 tragic!?

Sorry im a HP fan...
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

Bringerofpie

Postby Bringerofpie » Sun May 21, 2006 5:46 pm

Book six. Seven isn't out yet.

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:49 pm

wait thees...

Sorcerers stone...

Chamber of secrets...

Prisoner of azkaban...

Goblet of fire...

Order of the pheonix...

Half blood prince...

WHY DO I DO THIS?! I always add one more book than there is!
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Sun May 21, 2006 6:40 pm

This is not a harry pothead thread. I know it's out of tradition, but please stay on topic. So has anyone hear read it?
ImageImage

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Sun May 21, 2006 7:50 pm

I've heard of the book, yes, but because of lack of money I've been unable to access it. Like everytrhing else lately >_> <_<
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:35 pm

Same here, heard of it, never read it

Bringerofpie

Postby Bringerofpie » Sun May 21, 2006 9:41 pm

I read it. It was amusing, but I wouldn't call it a great book.

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Mon May 22, 2006 12:26 am

Sorry im a HP fan...
No.

Sirius Black, however...
Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Mon May 22, 2006 12:47 am

Sorry im a HP fan...
No.

Sirius Black, however...
Black could be alive as well, there was no body found.

EDIT:
What the hell am I doing? I would rather let this topic die than let it turn into a pothead fan orgy...
Damnit.
ImageImage

DesertFoxCat

Postby DesertFoxCat » Mon May 22, 2006 2:09 am

They both could be alive with amnesia, selling sandwiches in the back streets of London.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Mon May 22, 2006 2:12 am

pothead fan orgy...Damnit.
interesting choice of words there.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Mon May 22, 2006 2:23 am

pothead fan orgy...Damnit.
interesting choice of words there.
yes... very...

*Gives an evil Glare at Tum0spoo*

Return to “Anything”