RocketGirl: Animator

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Impressive! Like likeafox (and I'm sure a few other people) said,
I was impressed by the mouth animations, less so by the running animations.
The only other thing that bugs me is the hands. When they're not being used for anything in particular, they seem to be stuck in one pose. Its rare to see faces that have that kind of emotion, not to mention hair physics like that, so keep up the good work!

I'll subscribe up (I'm sure you'll know who I am). I've needed to clean my subscriptions out a bit, anyway.
ImageImage

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for the sub! Episode 03 is in full production, so...expect an update soon. :)

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:23 pm

I... saw that vid. Jeez freakin gah! Thats neat work! I've never really put up the effort for anything major. Chances are this old one that most people here know is my more large scale work but thats really it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ2NA4Fi ... annel_page

This one is my biggest fave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRlUAJwm ... annel_page

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:36 am

Introducing new Dark Side RocketGirl™: Quicker, Easier, More Seductive!

ImageImage

Trance

Postby Trance » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:51 am

Be sure to send a postcard!

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:33 pm

I dunno if anyone else has said this because I haven't looked at the rest of the thread, but the style reminds me of ReBoot. :D

(In other words, I like it.)

Trance

Postby Trance » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:40 pm

I've gotta be honest though, if you want your videos to actually reach a few Christian ears and be processed, you'll likely need to change the accusatory, done-me-wrong tone to something a bit more objective. People are generally unwilling to listen to someone who comes off as hostile while presenting a contrary viewpoint.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:05 pm

I dunno if anyone else has said this because I haven't looked at the rest of the thread, but the style reminds me of ReBoot. :D
That's...not the first time I've heard that. Heh. :)
I never did see more than an episode or two of ReBoot, but what I saw looked kinna nifty.
(In other words, I like it.)
Thanks! :)
I've gotta be honest though, if you want your videos to actually reach a few Christian ears and be processed, you'll likely need to change the accusatory, done-me-wrong tone to something a bit more objective. People are generally unwilling to listen to someone who comes off as hostile while presenting a contrary viewpoint.
Well, for starters, my target isn't just christians. I'm after juuuuuust about anybody who believes crap without empirical evidence to back up their claims. Faith...is just overgrown hope; that's the message here.

But... truth to tell, it's been my experience that there's really no way to tell someone that their beliefs are a complete load of shash that doesn't get their hackles up. Even the mildest critiques of religion I've ever seen have been taken by most religious types as shrill polemic.
And mine is among the milder critiques I've seen, honestly; listen to Christopher Hitchens talk someday, in one of his debates with Dinesh D'souza, for example. Or find the YouTube user "coughlan666"; trust me. Heh.
I, at least, have managed to use exactly one swear word in my three videos--"bullshit"--and it wasn't directed at a person so much as a concept's validity.

Actually, if you look at the comments, a lot of people seem to think I've presented myself about as well as can be expected. So...I think if I make any more of these--and I've got a few other projects on the spike that I've been neglecting to make 'em--I'll probably keep it up.

Also...I think the tone of voice is probably less the issue than the expression on Sandra's face. She does a lot of brows-clenched, eyes-narrowed stuff. ;)

ImageImage

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm

there's really no way to tell someone that their beliefs are a complete load of shash that doesn't get their hackles up.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Trance

Postby Trance » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Despite the above quote probably being a joke, it does serve to encapsulate what I mean. It's not swearing or shouting or anything of the sort that I'm talking about; the wording and tone of voice goes a long way towards hooking/turning off the listener. As it stands, any Christian, no matter how fragile their faith, would find it difficult to take anything away from the words of this Space Lady who's giving basically every signal that she doesn't like them and would rather they stop watching and go away.
Last edited by Trance on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:11 pm

I stand by that quote; I've known people who've exploded over being told, "You know...I think that maybe there's a possibility that your beliefs, you know...might not be, um, completely 100% accurate. Please don't kill me."

I'm just sayin'. It's hard to bring this up with some people and have them discuss it rationally afterward; being challenged IS this insult for them.

ImageImage

Trance

Postby Trance » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Well alright then, if you're set about it I won't press the matter.

Just keep in mind that some aren't as keen to ignite over a contrary perspective, as long as the mood isn't incendiary.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 pm

As it stands, any Christian, no matter how fragile their faith, would find it difficult to take anything away from the words of this Space Lady who's giving basically every signal that she doesn't like them and would rather they stop watching and go away.
Don't mistake being firm and resolute for wanting people to go away. If a christian can't handle criticism from someone who's not particularly inclined to mince words, this says more about the christian than the speaker.

ImageImage

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Despite the above quote probably being a joke
uhh, I was "Quoting-for-truth" because I agreed with what she said.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Just keep in mind that some aren't as keen to ignite over a contrary perspective, as long as the mood isn't incendiary.
Well, I really don't think that the mood IS incendiary...it's just firm and direct.

I could SHOW you incendiary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhCuM8cjs0 or possibly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrKlB6apvCw

THAT'S incendiary; I'm Mr. Rogers by comparison.

And, as I said, in no way was my quote a joke; I firmly believe that the kid gloves and padded edges required to be able to criticize some peoples' religion/faith is such that nobody can actually DO it and actually make a valid point.

ImageImage

Return to “Arts”