Scripts

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

Should I send my scripts to D.C in hopes of her changing them into real strips?

Yes I should give it a try
17%
No it will never happen.
83%

Total votes: 18

Segovia
Scripts

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 am

As my title suggest these are scripts for potential O&M strips that will never be. Now I'm going to let you use your imagination to come up with the image because I surely can't.

Here is one I wrote on November 6.

Ms Mudd: Ok, Millie. Bathtime sprout.
Millie: Mom, think about it. Your command is illogical. Think about it. You always say that you don't want mud in the house. However if I combine my dirt-ridden fur with the tub's water, wouldn't that make mud? (Millie in the tub) Sometimes I think mom lacks commonsense.

Please comment.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:03 am

I'll be honest. It wasn't funny. If that's the best you can come up with in over a month, I'm going to have to suggest that you keep these to yourself.

Sorry for being harsh, but you're just a bit over-zealous at times.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:04 am

The strip is ending and Simpson was reluctant enough to use strips he planned himself when other people predicted what would happen.
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:48 pm

Ok I guess I should show this strip plot I was planning on drawing.

Ms. Mudd: Millie! Get up! You're going to be late for school.
Millie: *groan*
Ms. Mudd: Get Up!
Millie: *groan* (gets up)
(millie walks into the kitchen looking like she's in pain)
Ms. Mudd: Millie you look terrible. Why didn't you say something?
Millie: What part of *groan* did you not understand?

Ms. Mudd: Of all days to get sick, Millie. Why must you get sick on a school.
Millie:*sniffles*
Ms. Mudd: Well I have no time to look for a babysitter, you'll have to stay home by yourself.Try to get some some sleep and I'll try to come home as soon as I can.
Millie: Of all people you'll think that she be the one not leave me by myself.

TV: It grinds, it chops, it does anything you'll ask with the wonder-
(Millie changes the channel)
TV: We have a fantastic selection here with 20-24 Karat gold rin-
(changes channel)
TV: lose 5 pounds in the first week without exercising! With this state of the art di-
Millie: Daytime TV sucks.

(Millie gets alot of blankets for three panels)
(While buried under a mountain of blankets)
Mllie: Still cold.

Millie: Hmm. time for lunch.
( picks up note)
Millie: "dear millie, here is som chicken soup to make you feel better."
(Microwave dings)
(Millie opens door and soup explodes all over her.)
Millie: Well, this soup isn't exactly making me feel better.

Well that's about for that plot. Really I thought that you all would have been more supportive. we all have or off days.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:49 pm

I'll be honest. It wasn't funny. If that's the best you can come up with in over a month, I'm going to have to suggest that you keep these to yourself.

Sorry for being harsh, but you're just a bit over-zealous at times.
It isn't the best and it isn't the only thing I came up in a month, as you can see.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Despite the fact that I have not read the comic regularly (I've seen some strips on the forum) because I thought it started to suck, it is still his comic and therefore should only be written by him. If you want to make your own guest strip go ahead; but don't try to write the comic for him.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Some of those punchlines would not have looked out of place in O&M circa 1998. But DCS is not likely to use another person's suggested punchline no matter how funny it is. She's not Mike Peters.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Some of those punchlines would not have looked out of place in O&M circa 1998. But DCS is not likely to use another person's suggested punchline no matter how funny it is. She's not Mike Peters.
Indeed, it is very reminiscent of the earlier years of O&M, but I agree that if you want to see these punchlines used you should probably do it yourself.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Indeed, it is very reminiscent of the earlier years of O&M, but I agree that if you want to see these punchlines used you should probably do it yourself.
Who the hell is Mike peters? I thought that I clearly stated that I can't do O&M strips anymore. The whole point of this thread was to share my script for strips that could have been. Instead of people commenting about the scripts I get critisism about the poll. This thread is not about the poll. That was to see what you think through voting. You people are taking this thread and the suggestion alittle too serious. Even if I did sent them how will I get them back? I sent Simpson sketches and my composition back in October and still haven't recieved a reply. Peolpe, it was a simple yes or no question. Don't make into a big deal.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Then no.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Thank you.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Hell no.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Since I guess I'm limited to a binary response instead of constructive criticism that would actually be informative:

No.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:11 am

I don't think he meant "draw OM strips yourself" I think he meant "use the scripts for your own personal comics". Even if he didn't, you still could have interpreted it that way.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:11 am

Since I guess I'm limited to a binary response instead of constructive criticism that would actually be informative:

No.
This.
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Return to “Arts”