My Poem

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

cougartiger
My Poem

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:45 am

I posted the link to my poem The Pirate's Tale in the current strip thread but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

So, here tis: http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

This is my first attempt at poetry so please be kind. I hate the beginning myself. I plan on revising the entire poem soon. The version here is 2.0, btw.

In short, it's a biography of Capt. Locke from birth to death and many points in between. It is told entirely from his point of view. Enjoy!

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:37 pm

Out with the old and in with the new! I have revised my poem with the new info about Locke given in the second to last daily strip.

Enjoy and happy new year!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:19 am

If anyone's interested, I'm going to be turning my poem into a full blown short story in prose.

I plan on starting this weekend. When it's finished, I'm going to publish it through Lulu. The original poem will be included as well.

Hopefully, I can convince DCS to create some artwork for it. At least the cover and maybe some interior illustrations.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:54 pm

When nobody but you has posted in the thread over the course of a month, maybe it's time to give up the dream.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:21 pm

When nobody but you has posted in the thread over the course of a month, maybe it's time to give up the dream.

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:24 pm

I didn't read it.

Was I supposed to? :sad:

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 pm

A Scotsman named Angus McCleod
Thought he was quite well endowed
He'd oft lift his kilt
To show how he was built
No matter how unreceptive the crowd

...what? :grin:

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 am

Why? DCS likes my poem just fine and her opinion is far more important to me than you. DCS is also going to be putting my poem on this very site. Check her DA page if you don't believe me.

No one is required to post in this thread. I meant it as info for my poem, nothing more.

It's negative people like you who kill dreams. I'll write my book, publish it through Lulu and be very happy about it.
Now including artwork!

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 am

I didn't read it.

Was I supposed to? :sad:
No. Read it, don't read it. I wrote it for myself and decided to share it online. It will get more exposure when DCS puts it on the site for sure, but no one will still HAVE to read it.
Now including artwork!

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:18 am

A Scotsman named Angus McCleod
Thought he was quite well endowed
He'd oft lift his kilt
To show how he was built
No matter how unreceptive the crowd

...what? :grin:
Heh. I like it! :grin:
Now including artwork!

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:53 am

Why? DCS likes my poem just fine and her opinion is far more important to me than you. DCS is also going to be putting my poem on this very site. Check her DA page if you don't believe me.

No one is required to post in this thread. I meant it as info for my poem, nothing more.

It's negative people like you who kill dreams. I'll write my book, publish it through Lulu and be very happy about it.
Clearly I'm not trying hard enough if you are still going through with it.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Clearly I'm not trying hard enough if you are still going through with it.
Quit slacking, Ibun. Make him cry.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:22 am

I remember making Ruedii cry, or so he claimed. Shit was hilarious.

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:07 am

*some posts go here*
I don't know whether to hate you or love you.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Trance

Postby Trance » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 pm

roses are red
violets are blue
something smells like shit
oh man the cat pooped in my shoes

Return to “Arts”