Minerva Bros.

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

Segovia
Minerva Bros.

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Yes people I've decided to start own comic for fun. I'm not sure when I'll put it online (probably sometime next year.) due to the fact that I don't know how to put up a website. Good thing I asked around school and some of my friends know how. Anyway my comic will be about two brother wolfes trying to survive life and brotherhood, which being the oldest brother of three siblings should accesss me unlimited amount of material. No I'm not coping O&M for some of you who maybe thinking I'm going to start an O&M parody. There will be some simularity in look mainly because I don't know how to draw in any other style. I decided to go with a sort of Peanuts style of dialouge for the parents in which you would not be able see them however you would be able to hear them. I've only worked on the two main characters which I call Reggie and Roger Minerva. There comes from the daughter of Zeus Minerva. This has no relation to my comic. Anyway here are some in progress sketches of both Reggie and Roger.

My first sketch of Reggie

First sketch of Roger

A shaded version of Reggie

Some sketches with Reggie.

I'm working on improving roger. As I said its still not ready for the internet but hey it's a start. Alot of people said that they look alot like ozy. I beg to differ. I said that they are wolves. Just look at their tales. I tried to copy my dog's tail to get some kind of refrence to wolves. So leave by comments please.
Last edited by Segovia on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:59 pm

Alot of people said that they look alot like ozy
Sorry, But i have to agree to those "people". Rogie and Reggie do indeed look very ozy-ish :? .

Still, Good luck with this comic. Can't wait for the strips since i'm interested in seing how this goes :smile: .

Also, Your first drawing of Reggie kinda reminds me of my first drawing of Kris. Infact, She even wore that kind of dress xD.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:02 am

once agian I am trying to improve. I am trying to avoid the Ozy look. Do you think Simpson will sue if the look doesn't improve?

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:06 am

Reggie isn't wearing a dress. It is some sort of long overcoat.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:13 am

I highly doubt DCS will sue, but if you want to avoid the O&M look, then perhaps you should try your hand at creating your own style. I believe that's what VenM2 did when he wanted to stray away from the O&M-inspired feel, and now he's going with a style that's both unique and visually interesting. Example: http://www.definecynical.net/viewtopic.php?t=6897
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 am

I'm not trying to avoid the look completly. I'm going to try to modify it to my own artistic vision.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:44 am

Here is a sample comic I just made featuring my character Reggie.

Reggie isn't that smart.
Last edited by Segovia on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:06 am

Why is the anarchist christian?

I like Reggie. he embodies the young adolescent who has discovered that philosophy which is so brilliantly misunderstood by them.

(fun fact: the religious society of friends AKA quakers, which is a branch of christianity, DO have it as part of their beliefs the right to keep their hat worn at all times.)

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:16 am

Glad you like Reggie. Umm.. the reason he has an anarhist symbol is because I felt that his shoulder needed something there so I put an anarchist symbol for no apparent reason other than it looks cool.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:38 am

To quote Stranger Than Fiction:

"Are you an anarchist?"
"You mean, am I a member of--"
"An anarchist's group, yes."
"Anarchists have a group?"
"I believe so, sure."
"They assemble?"
"I-I don't know."
"Wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose?"

Not entirely relevant but the last two posts made me think of it (also the fact that I just finished watching that film 10 minutes ago, hehe).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

klimt

Postby klimt » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:03 am

i'll admit i laughed at that.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:37 am

Can't wait till I finished the final disign of roger. The signiffigance on him is that reggie and him will have these real juvinielle fights with each other you know like real siblings. That is supposed to be a main point in the comics genre. The roller coaster ride of brotherhood, which for those who do have siblings know of how histrionic it could be. Anyway the other part will be of how they respond to life with their relationship which could include a wide veriety of events both social and enviornmental.
To give you some insight of on the characters personalities Reggie is some of what a rebel who will question pretty much anything that anybody tells. He is also not that bright, but does have his moments where he does outsmart his older brother Roger. Roger on the other hand, is more of a calm pesonality. He is unique in many ways but is more sensible than Reggie. Often Roger would get mad with reggie and have fights with him. Although he does love his brother, he does wants him to act a little more, well, normal. This situation is simular to that of Avery and Timulthy. However Timulthy acts the way he does due to his age which includes pretty much innocent and noncuruppted. He may be that way due to his personality but I'm not sure. This I could tell you about Reggie; doesn't like being changed or being told what to do. As I said a rebel. I'm fairly sure that their personalities would develop more in time as I work more with the characters. I am planning on adding more characters to the series but now I'm focusing on the main characters.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:48 am

Count to think of it Reggie and Roger's situation does sound somewhat of Ozy and Millie's. Then again Ozy and Millie's friendship could never be the same as the bond between brothers. Then again I did have best friend of whom I did considered her a cousin. Then again, you could only see your friend for so much time and you can't seem to get rid of your brother. I don't know. Oh well, They say My Cage simular to dilbert but you don't see anyone complaining.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:15 am

Alot of people said that they look alot like ozy
Sorry, But i have to agree to those "people". Rogie and Reggie do indeed look very ozy-ish :? .
And this is coming from Chris, no less. ;)

Real, helpful advice will come when I'm awake.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:31 pm

You may also do a better job of distinguishing the comic from O&M by not using Ms. Mudd's middle name for the characters' last name. Just a thought.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Return to “Arts”