Bacontickz maek TF2 map

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

Baconsticks
Bacontickz maek TF2 map

Postby Baconsticks » Fri May 30, 2008 4:37 pm

So, as some of you know from #DC, I've been working on a TF2 (Team Fortress 2) Map for a while now. It's coming along very well now, and I have worked out the Terrain.

Of course, you all want screenshots, so here you go:

A main overview of the Map. I'm the sniper class, because the sniper's scope makes an excellent cubemap. tester. If you have played TF2, the map should feel like cp_dustbowl. The idea is, the blue team will advance their way up the canyon (relative to the picture, blue will start on the right side) to the dam, which is on the left side of the picture. Now, before you say "OMG BACONSTICKZ THER IZ NO DETAIL ON TEH MAP!!!1", remember, I'm still very early in the building stages of this. most of the textures are placeholder textures, and I still need to add water and details and other s*it.

This is the dam, also in "Detail". Once again, this is just a very general idea of what it should be. I'm going to add lots of catwalks and covers to make this a very difficult point to capture.

I can take suggestions for ideas. If you have an idea, just remember, there's a s*itload of things I have to consider. (I can, however, put any one of DC's in-jokes in.) :D Also, If anyone wants to, I can put custom textures in (This can be whatever the hell you want it to be, I encourage you to go crazy on this.)
So, what do you think?

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Fri May 30, 2008 4:44 pm

The terrain could certainly use less visible tiling somehow. I don't know TF2 mapping but I do know textures.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri May 30, 2008 4:46 pm

The terrain could certainly use less visible tiling somehow. I don't know TF2 mapping but I do know textures.
Like I said, It's a place holder. When this is finished, it should look quite nice.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 pm

Sand texture tiles too much. You either need a bigger texture, a texture where it's harder to notice the tiling, or you need to stretch the texture out to make tiling less noticeable. Probably a combination of those options.

Also I can't really see much in those screenshots as far as level layout is concerned. Image

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri May 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Sand texture tiles too much. You either need a bigger texture, a texture where it's harder to notice the tiling, or you need to stretch the texture out to make tiling less noticeable. Probably a combination of those options.
Also I can't really see much in those screenshots as far as level layout is concerned. Image
That's the basic idea of the map.

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Fri May 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri May 30, 2008 7:30 pm

I will. ;)

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Looking good so far! I like the sound of catwalks on the dam, prime sniping territory. Also, IMO you should put a large sign with Marty on it somewhere in the map, maybe hidden down a passageway or behind some scrub somewhere.

However, I see one problem with the sandy terrain, and that's that it's too tiled..... :twisted:
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat May 31, 2008 12:04 am

I'd suggest having some underground passageway through or under the dam. That way, you can choose to get across by dodging snipers or running through heavily armoured dudes...should make a nice dynamic :wag:

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:44 am

Also, IMO you should put a large sign with Marty on it somewhere in the map, maybe hidden down a passageway or behind some scrub somewhere.
QFT. :marty:

I do think the sand is too tiled though... *gets shot*
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

osprey

Postby osprey » Sat May 31, 2008 3:07 am

For kicks, you should leave some tiled sand somewhere and make a sign saying 'I think this sand is too tiled".
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 pm

Truly your artistic talent is wasted here. :wink:
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat May 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Truly your artistic talent is wasted here. :wink:
MSpaint is god.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:43 pm

ok, update tiem.

I've added quite a bit since I created this thread.

Whatever, screenshots.

If you remember, This is the same spot where I took the screenshots in my first post. As you can see, I've added quite a bit, enough that my vision for the map can now clearly be seen. (lol, "my vision". I sound so advant-garde) I've added some new textures and stuff (yes I know they look tiled, don't complain). You might also notice the sloped walkway heading down from the Building in the center. That's proving to be a real B*tch to get right. I'm also going to line it with big open windows (so that you can snipe people, but at the cost of no cover. :twisted: )

This is another shot of the area i'm working on now. You can see the detail around the buildings better. I could post pics of the inside, but that would ruin a few surprises. :wink:

Also ignore the blue areas. Those are just reference points that I will remove later.

That's it for now.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 pm

More soon.

Return to “Arts”