Comic Writing Contest

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:37 am

As much as I want to refrain from using my own personal IPs... they are all I have. I wouldn't want to force you to make something that is mostly stuff that we already know about... given the number of times I drew up art of it.
IPs? :?

I really don't mind what anybody submits. It's just that how much I'd like to draw it will be a criteria for when I judge things, so it all balances out. :smile:
Nearly done mine...I don't usually put stage directions in the scripts as I have them in my head, so bare with me.
No thanks, I prefer to keep my clothes on. :-P
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:58 am

Intense Paremeters?
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Internet Protocal

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Intra-peritoneal.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Indiana Pjones.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Intelligent Popcorn!
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Imaginary Property Image
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:24 pm

Just my original content :? . Intellectual Property and all. I'd rather come up with something original and made specifically for this rather than use my own preexisting stories and characters.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:06 am

Just my original content :? . Intellectual Property and all. I'd rather come up with something original and made specifically for this rather than use my own preexisting stories and characters.
Oh, right. Well, whatever you want to do is okay by me.

There are only four more days left, though.
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:52 am

Umm... I could try just recycling one of my stories. Its dramatic and all and I like it. Full of surprise... and it is just cute I guess. Just gotta put it in strip format and think of the text.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:49 am

Umm... I could try just recycling one of my stories. Its dramatic and all and I like it. Full of surprise... and it is just cute I guess. Just gotta put it in strip format and think of the text.
I can't wait to see it! :grin:

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Anyway, entries are due tomorrow! Since we're going by my time, that means you have 31.5 hours from now to send your entries to me!

Please do. I really don't have very many. If I don't get some more, I'm just going to call the whole thing off. Two entries is just not enough choice for something like this. :(

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:25 am

Think you can extend it to May 1st evening EST? I am just far too busy tonight to work on it. And I mean REALLY busy. I could probably cook one up by then since class ends early afternoon.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Thu May 01, 2008 5:59 am

Think you can extend it to May 1st evening EST? I am just far too busy tonight to work on it. And I mean REALLY busy. I could probably cook one up by then since class ends early afternoon.
It actually ends May 2nd at 3:00 am EST, because of our time zone difference and because when I say "by Thursday" I mean "before Thursday's over." So you have your wish already. :grin:

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:31 pm

:D

Yay! K, time to get to writing.

Return to “Arts”