Valentine's Day Stuff

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:27 pm

Hi, artists and general fans alike! I brought this up to a couple isolated folks already, but I thought I might as well post it on here now. As you all know, Valentine's Day is not for another month, but given the amount of time people tend to need to do artwork, I wanted to make sure there was plenty of time for this: How about we all design some Valentine cards? I am sure there are many of you folks would love to be able to share a collection of Valentine cards for friends and such, and plenty of people here would get a kick out of making artwork that serves a practical purpose as well.<br><br>Unfortunately, for this to work, everyone making cards will have to be done before Valentine's Day so they may be passed around by then. Also, in order to make sure there are enough cards to go around, I am also proposing that this replace any potential Valentine's Day fanart contest so that people won't spread themselves thin with competition. I really would like to see this work; I've had four card ideas written down and will be trying to brainstorm more just in case.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:54 pm

One question, do the cards have to have an Ozy and Millie theme?

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:10 am

Are we physically making cards or just the picture on the front?

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:24 am

Well, Jacob, an Ozy and Millie theme would be good, but I have nothing against other ideas.<br><br>5hfifty, the picture ought to be enough. One goal is to have something that people could download, reprint, and share in person, but if that is too much, I guess one that fits on a screen may be enough.

Doctor Fred

Postby Doctor Fred » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:33 am

Hm, I've already had an idea for Valentine's Day, but it'll translate well to a card. Alright. I'm in.
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/doctor_fred/' target='_blank'>Enter the Mind... Please?</a></span></span>

Zylo

Postby Zylo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:12 am

Hmmm...I don't wanna promise that I'll get something done, since I am the single most unreliable person you'll ever meet, but if anyone here's like me, they'll be spending Valentine's Day alone again, so this seems like a novel idea to spread some cheer and happiness. I'll have to start formulating ideas that can executed in MS paint...
123456doit

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Ozymandias_the_great+Jan 12 2004, 10:12 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Ozymandias_the_great @ Jan 12 2004, 10:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> but if anyone here's like me, they'll be spending Valentine's Day alone again, <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> I feel your pain. I seem have an incredible tendency to have every person I've met already have a Significant Other.
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:25 am

Ooh, I had a job in a hallmark store once.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:31 am

Lots of good responses out there. I think this is going to turn out just fine.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:02 am

as i've said already, i'm in. Got an idea today, in fact.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:49 pm

Boom, I'm in.<br>Is it just the front or can it be the inside as well?

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:10 pm

I've usually seen Valentine cards as a single layer, no folds.. like a postcard, so it doesn't have to be anything more complex than a single image, and maybe some information to put on the reverse side. Want me to share the card descriptions I have so far to get the ball rolling for people with writer's block?

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:15 pm

I'll be taking my time until an idea hits me. It's probably just going to be cover picture though, nothing elaborate. Maybe i'll do a picture for the reverse side.

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:03 am

Ive got some idea of what Im going to do. Ive just gotta put in on a fold card for it to work though.

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:44 pm

Can mine be a document so I get the page sizes right and all?<br>And can it have multiple pages?

Return to “Arts”