Newcomer with "good art tastes"

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.
Newcomer with "good art tastes"

Postby VenM2 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:59 am

Hi all. I was just reading up and I couldn't help but to post my own fan art. Though their not related to O&M, I believe the anthropomorphic characteristics are enough and I want to demonstrate my artistic abilities. Sorry about the images being huge.

This is one of my best characters so far:
Iasha Wolstien (pronounced -ee-ah-sh-ah-)
Her story goes back way too far to describe in detail. Lets just say there is a conspiracy involved in her existance :smile: .

1) This is a relatively recent color and inking.

2) Here is a closeup of the face. I wanted to try expressions so I chose the super tired face to draw :laugh: )

3) Now to the sweet stuff :grin: . This is a very recent image of her. There was some problems with the outlines but you'll probably won't guess how I made this pic :twisted: .

4) Now this was made today! A colored version too. I tossed the jeans, can't remember why. Again, this is a very different picture than what you'd expect.

I recall seeing a "Draw Yourself in O&M" topic. I'm in, so expect me in there soon too. :grin: So what do you think?

santi
Location:Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, SAmeruca, Colombia, Armenia, My House, in front of the Drawing Table

Postby santi » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:02 am

it's almost too cool to function :D

awsome art. keep it up :wink:

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:16 am

Wow, that was fast. And ok, I'll keep it up. I have here a strip. Given the quality of the second character you'll probably find out how I made the most recent incarnations of my characters. But it is my FIRST ever strip I have too. The strip is HUGE though, this small on is shown here instead. The full sized on is at this hyperlink so that it won't eat your eyes out.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8738/comicgw5.jpg

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:00 am

Looks pretty good to me. :D

Oh, and welcome to DC. :D
Made by Angela. :D

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:12 am

Funny thing is that DC is my initials. So essencially your welcoming me to myself. j/k

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:16 am

Ah, I see that your avatar is a photo of Russian domestic foxes.

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:50 am

For now that is, I'm currently drawing my O&Med version of myself really. Unless you'd want my avatar to be a 18 meter tall mech, 6km long Heavy Cruiser, or other sci-fi stuff that I used for other forums.

EDIT:

I was scrounging around my sketch pads and then I found these:

1) This is a pic of my young lady doing a fighting stance. I recall I drew, inked, and colored this a few months ago.

2) This one I found while doing my class projects. I recall drawing this one while I was DRIVING!!! I started drawing everytime I get to a stop light when I reach DeRenne Ave. Everytime I get stopped at that light I have to wait like 7 minutes to get a green light so I had lots of time to make this quick sketch while I waited.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:15 am

Noice cel-shaded look. :grin:

santi
Location:Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, SAmeruca, Colombia, Armenia, My House, in front of the Drawing Table

Postby santi » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:30 am

i forgot to say welcome! im also a newbie, though.

BTW, what method do you use to draw?

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:46 am

Well there you have it folks! I've been discovered. I used 3d models and cell shaded them. I'm using them for my finals so hopefully I'll get good feedback on them. FYI: I'm an ART college student :grin:

I finished a few early sketches of my 'fursona'. After much thinking and soul searching and animal behavior reading, I realized, to my happyness and dismay, that a fox is my sole similarity. I'm shy, sneaky, witty, tricky, always looking for that loophole to barge into, and also my appearance. Because of my somewhat pale skin and seriously jet black hair I've come to realize that I look a little like this old avatar of mine. So I decided to go silver. I have 2 sketches right now, and the first one looked so young that it is way too not me, I invisioned myself at around 14-15 years old in O&M.

Ok, here is my current progress:
BTW, there is no way that I'm that thin.

EDIT: Sorry Santi I didn't see that post. My drawing style is sort of 'rugged' meaning things will look naturally soft and blurred as opposed to a strong and hard style. It is done by rapidly drawing short lines that is usually done on a sketch. Using the natural arc of my hand I can create smooth and hairy curves with ease. I then use my sort of caligraphy pen brush thing to ink my stuff. It's not very good but I'll get something better.

In Iasha's case, I drew her so many times that I knew practically every part of her physique so I turned her into a 3d cel shaded model :grin: .
Last edited by VenM2 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:54 am

I hope your not Vengence MK2 from Sleipnir's stuff forum :-P Since IIRC Vengence aka Donnie Goes to a GFX class in college and he showed me some cellshaded movies :wag:

anyway welcome :wag: and those drawing r0xxor!

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:58 am

!!! How did you know!? What movies? I only have one! I don't go to a GFX class in college, I'm still in my foundations. Err, yeah I'm VMkII. (MkI was not very good so I upgradedlol). Darn my bad memory, who are you again?

Oh wait, are you that one who spammed my crazy mod to he@@ and back!? Uh, no wait... It's Yayo... Oh boy, yada yayo yada yayo lol.

Do you mean this movie:
Last edited by VenM2 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holyman83
Location:A bluish sphere in space orbiting a star in the Milky Way

Postby Holyman83 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:01 am

That is Really good VenM2!!
Welcome to Define Cynical too!

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:03 am

@Vengence

No im Yayo01 :-P Who requested those stupid Crusader voices :-P and the guy you always sent some animated mech movies XD

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:09 am

That is Really good VenM2!!
Welcome to Define Cynical too!
Yeah thanks. I need to change my name. I'm already bored of it :? .

And the crusader voices never worked out for me. The profanity was unbearable :oops: .

Oh darn it, I can't change my name *Y%)*%#@)(+$_@%_!!!

Return to “Arts”