Never Grow Up - Ozy and Millie Collection (That's a book)

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:43 am

For that matter, did you get the e-mail with the new version of my poem I sent the other day? Just wondering. My e-mails seem to have a habit of going directly to your spam filter.

Heck, I'd settle for a visit from you to my DA page. Not that you have too, of course.

I'm babbling again. Sorry. Cougartiger is starstruck!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 am

Oh no I'm so ignorant, I'm going to go cry in a corner now and hope to be saved.

No need to personally attack me people. Yes, it wasn't the best comparison, but that's all I could come up with. I was simply stating my opinion, not intending a personal attack, maybe it came out like that but that was not the intention. I should've known this would be the reaction, should never have said anything.
Last edited by osprey on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:53 am

for THAT matter, cougartiger please check your Private Messages! I just sent you one and you have not read it T_T
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 am

Oh no I'm so ignorant, I'm going to go cry in a corner now and hope to be saved.
It rarely works. Try knowing something. That tends to help.

It would have been one thing to say "it's difficult for me to see someone as a gender other than the one they were physically born, but I'll try." The way you actually phrased it was rather offensive, even though I'm sure that was not your intention.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 am

It rarely works. Try knowing something. That tends to help.

It would have been one thing to say "it's difficult for me to see someone as a gender other than the one they were physically born, but I'll try." The way you actually phrased it was rather offensive, even though I'm sure that was not your intention.
No need to be pretentious.

Edit: Since you've edited, well, that is my opinion. I still see parallels between my example and the situation but again it was worded poorly and I am to blame for that. I am entitled to my opinion though.

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:00 am

No need to be pretentious.
I don't think I was being pretentious ("expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature"), though I often am in other situations.

Maybe the word you're looking for is "sarcastic."
Edit: Since you've edited, well, that is my opinion. I still see parallels between my example and the situation but again it was worded poorly and I am to blame for that. I am entitled to my opinion though.
It may be your opinion, but it's an ignorant opinion. Saying people who undergo medical and psychological tretment for gender reassignment are like racist minstrels in blackface is highly insulting, and if you don't see that, well, I can't help you.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:04 am

you both are really cynical

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:06 am

guess why that's they call this place define cynical huh Image

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 am

That's not the point I'm trying to get across. The point I'm trying to get across is that I have a hard time changing my thoughts of a person who tries to change who they are. Like I said like 5 times, it was a bad example, I am not racist nor am I calling you racist. A better, though less extreme example, would be someone who wears blue contacts yet still has brown eyes...to me, they have brown eyes not blue.

You can call me ignorant if you want, you're entitled to your opinion as well.

"characterized by assumption of dignity or importance." Calling someone ignorant usually implies this, in my opinion.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:10 am

you both are really cynical
I wouldn't say I'm cynical all the time, though I frequently am.

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:10 am

"characterized by assumption of dignity or importance." Calling someone ignorant usually implies this, in my opinion.
Ignorant: "1 a: destitute of knowledge or education; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified b: resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence
2: unaware , uninformed"

Obviously your knowledge of transgender issues is, shall we say, tiny. Therefore, by definition, you are ignorant.

And, your new analogy is *still* insulting, but like I said, I know who I am, and I don't care what you think you know about me. So, I'm *truly* done with this topic now.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:11 am

Well, I've put forth the best way I can think of to get my opinion across. Maybe I'm uninformed on the situation, and I'm sure you're ignorant in matters I am well-versed in. Done issue.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:15 am

fritz got it ;)

but seriously, jesus christ you two it's rather obvious osprey is just trolling DCS for the lulz since he knows it's been a hot topic for years and why are we letting this flamewar continue?

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:16 am

fritz got it ;)

but seriously, jesus christ you two it's rather obvious osprey is just trolling DCS for the lulz since he knows it's been a hot topic for years and why are we letting this flamewar continue?
Do I have to post another funny picture?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:17 am

this thread is now about turtles.

Return to “O&M Strips”