Never Grow Up - Ozy and Millie Collection (That's a book)

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:53 am

wonderful. i still like the original ozy look better on that cover though. it just looks too long now.
ImageImageImage

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 pm

wonderful. i still like the original ozy look better on that cover though. it just looks too long now.
Yep. It is too long. How did it get to be so long?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:48 pm

I guess it's because, despite the title, Ozy has "grown up"
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:16 am

he changed it because old fans like us still complain about how weird and abnormal he began to draw the characters in the past year.
Again with this "he" stuff. I understand that changing pronouns is hard (my family has had a long time to switch and they still mess it up regularly), but look at this:

This is my legal driver's license. The legally correct phrase is "how weird and abnormal SHE began to draw the characters in the past year."

Thank you.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 am

Do you only appear when someone misinterprets your gender?

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:32 am

Do you only appear when someone misinterprets your gender?
If that were the case I'd be here every day, wouldn't I? :)

But that does have a way of drawing me from my ivory watchtower down amongst the hoi polloi.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:46 am

So you don't come for the meaningful discussions? Or at least the ones that I start that are soon to be corrupted by the forums cynical members?

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:57 am

I have been doing pretty well referring to you as female. I slip from time to time but correct myself almost immmediately.

Gotta say you look pretty good as a girl. Better than I would, that's for sure!

Thanks again for the Locke/Mudd drawing. I'm still over the moon about it! Oh, there were some prints missing in the package. Are they in the with the originals?

BTW, any chance you'll answer the e-mail I just sent? No big deal if you don't but it would be nice.

Looking forward to the rest of my art!

Finally, please find the time to take a look at my latest revision of my poem. You seemed to like it so much when I first sent it to you and I've improved it much since then.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:03 am

I have been doing pretty well referring to you as female. I slip from time to time but correct myself almost immmediately.
I avoid this by refering her to Simpson as you may have noticed in my posts.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:09 am

Until the operation, you will be a he to me.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:16 am

How do you know whether or not I've had the surgery? Just because I didn't send an emissary to your house announcing my full medical history doesn't mean you can make any assumptions about it.

As a matter of principle, I don't answer questions about my surgical status, because I think that's a private matter, between any individual transgender person and his or her doctors. The state of Washington and the social security administration have formally recognized me as female, which may tell you something about what kind of medical records I let *them* see, but it's not any of *your* business.

It's rather offensive, not to mention presumptuous, to tell someone you know better than they do what sex they are. I mean, seriously. Yeesh.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:21 am

How do you know whether or not I've had the surgery? Just because I didn't send an emissary to your house announcing my full medical history doesn't mean you can make any assumptions about it.

As a matter of principle, I don't answer questions about my surgical status, because I think that's a private matter, between any individual transgender person and his or her doctors. The state of Washington and the social security administration have formally recognized me as female, which may tell you something about what kind of medical records I let *them* see, but it's not any of *your* business.

It's rather offensive, not to mention presumptuous, to tell someone you know better than they do what sex they are. I mean, seriously. Yeesh.
Unleash the DRAGON!!!!

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:23 am

I assumed that you would have mentioned it in an argument had you had an operation, especially seeing as you went so far as to post your driver's license. To me, I find it hard to think of someone who was born as a man as a woman...I mean, as an extreme example, I could cover myself with that makeup they used to make white actors seem black back in the day, but that wouldn't make me black would it.

Just my opinion here, not attacking you personally. I really don't care what you chose to do, your life not mine, just saying it's hard for me to think of you that way.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:31 am

I mean, as an extreme example, I could cover myself with that makeup they used to make white actors seem black back in the day, but that wouldn't make me black would it.
Good god you're ignorant. I kind of feel sorry for you; fortunately, ignorance is curable. I hope you get over it.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:36 am

Ok. Things are getting a little crazy here. Hope this helps in anyway to calm the storm.

trust me I started two thread that got lock and I could tell you this is where this is heading.

Return to “O&M Strips”