Two months later - Tuesday December 23, 2008

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:08 am

happy christmas, cougartiger ^_~
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:12 am

happy christmas, cougartiger ^_~
And to you! And to everyone! :wag:
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:25 am

Thanks, that was fun
Don't forget
No regrets
Except maybe one
Made a deal
Not to feel
God, that was dumb

- Barenaked Ladies

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:58 am

So it ends. For now. :P
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Archaemic

Postby Archaemic » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:17 am

So that's it, huh? I have kinda mixed feelings about this comic. I was kind of sudden, but I guess that's to be expected if DCS was going to end by the end of December...seeing as December is almost over. The ending certainly could have been worse...but I feel like it could have been better, too. As with all good things, the ending is sort of bittersweet. I feel like it's the end of an era. One more webcomic that I've been reading for eons has ended. So what's next? Come to think of it, this is the last of the webcomics that I've been reading for ages. All the others either went sour or already ended. This is indeed bittersweet. It's like the final grain of sand in the hourglass that was my childhood. Or at least teenage years. I suppose I am 19 now, and it is time to move on, but these "change" and "progression" things always trip me up. Oh, for the yesteryears: I bid thee farewell, for I must move onto tomorrow before it has past! Else, I'll be no better off than I was before.

On another note, I'm still following one of DCS's art accounts. So I still get some good comics/art/etc from...er...her?
Last edited by Archaemic on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
[dA] | [LJ]

Reynardine

Postby Reynardine » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:23 am

I feel bad, having read through this entire webcomic in less than a week, only to have it end so suddenly today (eh, technically yesterday, since it's past midnight here as I post this). I kinda yearn for more, since I really didn't get to savor this as I would have if I had started reading years ago.

There will be more to see, I guess, but I can always imagine things as I think they might happen. (hell, if I had any kind of artistic skills, I might consider drawing a fancomic kinda thing, just to feel that urge satiated).

Archaemic

Postby Archaemic » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:30 am

I DO have artistic skills, and I've tried starting up comics two or three...or six times. Hell, I've lost count. It's kind of hard to define where one started up, as a liberal definition might give something an order of magnitude higher, and a conservative definition would still leave me with four or five. Anyway, starting up a comic is not something to be taken lightly. It takes planning, wit, and time. I only have one or two of those, depending on what time of year it is. Hence all of my attempts failed miserably. Take heed!

Still working on that sixth one :o It'll probably die the same way the fifth one did, though :(
[dA] | [LJ]

Reynardine

Postby Reynardine » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:33 am

Bah! I have no time! I'm a physicist! :laugh:

I HAVE WIT, THOUGH! AND I'M DAMN PROUD OF IT!

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:43 am

Oni, you might want to get a friend to do the writing. A lot of good comics are done that way. Also, don't forget to tell us about it.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Archaemic

Postby Archaemic » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:53 am

Well, see, my problem is twofold: one is that I have scattered ideas, but I like my ideas. I just don't have them often enough, nor am I good enough at writing. I guess I could collaborate. The other, however, is that producing art of any quality is VERY time consuming for me. Like, I'm working on a piece right now with a few characters in it. It took me two days to ink. TWO DAYS. And that's JUST inking. (Although I'll be damned if my inked stuff doesn't look wonderful. I just need to find a faster way.)

But we digress! I suppose DCS does deserve a kudos for keeping the comic going for this long. It was a valiant effort, and never was it in vain.
[dA] | [LJ]

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:46 am

I love how you just show up all of a sudden after lord-knows-how-long and end up derailing the whole topic. Can we call you Locke? :P

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:41 am

Even though clothes are the norm, someone who's not currently wearing any isn't actually "naked" as we would understand the term
I reiterate that she is "nekkid" not "naked". Of course that distinction was made before you became a member if I remember correctly (I believe it was a discussion at some point).
Ah, fair enough. Sounds like "nekkid" corresponds to my second paragraph (quoted)? It's a good term.

Pete

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Naked or nekkid, a Millie without clothes is always good.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Also, I noticed Ozy say "Like WE LOVE EACH OTHER" :shock:

Archaemic

Postby Archaemic » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:40 pm

I love how you just show up all of a sudden after lord-knows-how-long and end up derailing the whole topic. Can we call you Locke? :P
:locke: Arrr, sorry about that. I have been lurking here on and off, but haven't really seen much to post about until this comic. The derailment was unintentional, but I felt like I wanted to finish my line of thought, so I let it continue for a little bit longer perhaps than I should have.

As for the couple of posters above me (mostly Ibun): ...she is a young cartoon girl! Emphasis on YOUNG. Less emphasis on cartoon (I know some people are into that sort of thing, but...), but still emphasis (...it's still weird)! Why do you people care about her being nekkid? Seriously?!
[dA] | [LJ]

Return to “O&M Strips”